Academy appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2ndtime

Academy appeal

Post by 2ndtime »

I know this may be a long shot but wondered whether anyone had any experience of appealing to Birkenhead Academy? How did the process go and what information were the panel looking for? And were you successful? We're facing the panel at the end of this month and any advice would be most welcome.
guest43

Re: Academy appeal

Post by guest43 »

Hi there. To my knowledge this is the first year where there have been a material number of appeals for BHSA. I would suggest you ask around on the appeals section of the forum.

You need to remember that BHSA is essentially non-selective and so any appeals based on poor performance on the entrance test (due to toothache etc etc etc) which may be the stance for a Grammar School are unlikely to succeed. Again perhaps the appeals section can come up with other approaches?
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

I have pm'd you 2ndtime. Hope It's not too late to be of use :D
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
2ndtime

thank you

Post by 2ndtime »

But I'm being horribly thick - how do I access your pm? I don't think I've ever been pm'd before!!!
2ndtime

OK, I've been a fool!

Post by 2ndtime »

And now worked out how to access pms! Thank you so much for that. Will pm you a little later if that's ok.
Maybelle

Re: OK, I've been a fool!

Post by Maybelle »

Glad your sorted. Good Luck :D
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
2ndtime

Post by 2ndtime »

Hi Mirabelle - I have pm'd you
2ndtime

Post by 2ndtime »

How rude! I got your name wrong - I mean Maybelle!
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Well, as the name Mirabelle apparently means "Lovely" or "Wonderous" or even "Wonderous Beauty", I'll let you off with that - might even adopt it :lol: (it's sooo me) 8)
2ndtime

Post by 2ndtime »

Just to let you know our appeal failed. These things are sent to try us, I suppose, but thanks Maybelle for all you help, much appreciated. I assume the school has a waiting list so I'll ring Monday and see if we can be placed on there. You never know!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now