St.Anselms Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Wirralian

St.Anselms Appeals

Post by Wirralian »

From Worried Wirralian:

We discovered in March that my son had failed narrowly for St.Anselms and Wirral. For a number of reasons, he received no tutelage. We were devastated, but perhaps not totally surprised when we learned he had just missed out. Because we had put Wirral Grammar second choice, we have been offered SWHS, which we feel is unsuitable for a host of reasons. Does anybody know a) the type of evidence of suitability that St.Anselms look for in the appeal, and b) how many are appealing and how many places are available. This situation has completely dominated our life and thoughts for what now seems like an eternity (we've tried to keep it off limits for our son). Please advise!
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Hi Wirralian

Know what you mean about this dominating your life and not your sons - I'm in exactly the same boat, feels like we are leading a double life!!

We are appealing to Wirral Grammar, our hearing is 30th April. 3 panel members, a member of the school governors and us!

I assume that all hearings will be similar, have you read Etienne's Q and A pages?

Good luck to you
Spud (Prenton)
Sue