St Anselm's Religious Ethos

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Campian

St Anselm's Religious Ethos

Post by Campian »

We're considering St Anselm's as an option for our son. I just wondered if anyone with a son at the school knew roughly what proportion of the children have the Catholic faith and the extent to which the views of children with a different faith or no faith are tolerated / embraced? The school does appear to have a very strong religious focus and I was a little concerned that it might be difficult to attend the school if you didn't subscribe to these views?? Thanks
Wirralian

Re: St Anselm's Religious Ethos

Post by Wirralian »

Campian wrote:We're considering St Anselm's as an option for our son. I just wondered if anyone with a son at the school knew roughly what proportion of the children have the Catholic faith and the extent to which the views of children with a different faith or no faith are tolerated / embraced? The school does appear to have a very strong religious focus and I was a little concerned that it might be difficult to attend the school if you didn't subscribe to these views?? Thanks
I have two boys here, and as a ball park figure, I'd say at least 80-85% (probably more) of all boys who attend are baptised Roman Catholic. From my experience, it's a tolerant school, and there are a small proportion of children from different cultures, faiths and ethnic minorities in evidence. I don't think it is particularly frowned upon if you are from a different faith, but Roman Catholicism is the foundation, or bedrock if you like, upon which St. Anselm's is built. It is a great school, which cares about the underprivileged and disadvantaged people of the world as a whole.
Campian

Re: St Anselm's Religious Ethos

Post by Campian »

Thanks for your reply. Really helpful information! St Anselm's certainly seems like a great school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now