Your views of pros/cons of the change of dates.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
parent_of_two

Your views of pros/cons of the change of dates.

Post by parent_of_two »

I just thought I start a thread to find out your views of the new system. I personally find that the new system is much better as we get our results then apply for the schools. If you think is nerve-racking waiting for the results tomorrow, think how it would be if it was the old system. I know which system I rather have. I suppose the only drawback is having to wait again, this time in March for the allocation of the school. :roll:
Newbie But Stressed

Re: Your views of pros/cons of the change of dates.

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

I think I agree. Last time we had to wait till March :(

However I do think more Children are now taking the 11+ as they have nothing to lose. In the past they had to put their preference down before the exam results. So people would have avoided the test.

So it may be harder on the allocation..

Good luck to all for tomorrow. And I hope everyone get's through this.
miggi

Post by miggi »

Although I agree this is a better system, I have to say we found having the summer break a bit of a problem. We have only ever done 1 paper a week for preparation, but it was difficult to get the kids to do even this whilst on holiday. Historically most kids take a dip over the Summer, so having the exam 2 weeks after being back was a concern. Personally I think I would have prefered the test at the end of year5. I am glad to say however as a mother of twins, tomorrow it will be all over for us, and I don't ever ever ever have to go through this again :D :D
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

correct!! getting them into 11+ after Summer holidays is very hard.

You have double the pressure of twins. I don't envy you at this moment.

It will be fantastic if they both are successful and you get the School of Choice.

Good luck
Bati

Post by Bati »

i think i prefer it this way
i live out of area so if i had had to wait till march my preferences would of had to include a local comprehensive
if dd passess tomorrow then we can put down wirral, west kirby and upton hall (already know she has passed upton hall) as our 3 choices and we should defo get one of them
if she does not pass tomorrow then upton hall will be our 1st choice and we will put a local comp down as second choice even though we know she will be accepted at upton hall as she is catholic and in a catholic primary school
also i think i would of had a nervous breakdown if i had had to wait till march

saying all that though we only applied for 11+ just before the deadline to apply for the tests, so if she had had longer to work on 11+ stuff i would maybe be more calmer than what i am now. I heard lots of people talking about how they have had tutors for the kids since at least last january so i kind of feel guilty like i have not done enough for her