Just Received Our results`

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
frantic!

Re: Just Received Our results`

Post by frantic! »

My son passed with 252. Sooooo relieved! Well done to all!
Bati

Post by Bati »

well done to all of you and your children
Miggi well done to your twins and its fantastic that they both scored the same - most probably the best out come you could have :D
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

congratulations to everyone that passed my ds got two under the pass mark really gutted :cry:
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Tudorblue wrote:congratulations to everyone that passed my ds got two under the pass mark really gutted :cry:

There is definitely a case to appeal here. My friend appealed a few years back and was successful.

You should consider this, you have nothing to lose.
dewalt

Post by dewalt »

we did the appeal last year and was successful.
Bati

Post by Bati »

I agree you should appeal You have nothing to loose by appealing
dewalt

Post by dewalt »

To be honest, he did pass but distance was our problem... 8.1 miles was the limit for last years intake
KatieC

Post by KatieC »

Tudorblue wrote:congratulations to everyone that passed my ds got two under the pass mark really gutted :cry:
My ds missed the mark by 3 but the Wirral review panel decided he was grammar school standard. The headteacher will have sent evidence of ability last week for review, because they had the results for this very purpose. Speak to your head to see if your ds was submitted for review. If your ds reached Level 5 in Y5 optional SATs last year and has a high IQ he will be deemed as grammar school level - I know because I am a Y6 teacher. Even a projected SAT level of L5 might be enough, if he is at L 4A now. Do not give up.
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

We spoke to my ds head teacher and she said she has sent off for appeal for him last week, he did get level 5 for maths in year 5, does anybody no what the appeal process entails :?:
Bati

Post by Bati »

It should have on your letter about the head teachers review and it should say if it was sucessful or not
I dont really know what you do to appeal but there is a forum on this site about appeals which might help you