3rd preference on CAF.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
parent_of_two

3rd preference on CAF.

Post by parent_of_two »

As ds passed 11+ and st anselms, I would be putting WGBS and st anselms on the CAF as first and second preference. I was wondering if it would be best to put a non-grammar school as the 3rd preference just in case he doesn't get the first two. Any thoughts or advice from any veteran 11+ posters here.

What will you guys be putting down as your 3rd choice. :?:
Wirralian

Re: 3rd preference on CAF.

Post by Wirralian »

parent_of_two wrote:As ds passed 11+ and st anselms, I would be putting WGBS and st anselms on the CAF as first and second preference. I was wondering if it would be best to put a non-grammar school as the 3rd preference just in case he doesn't get the first two. Any thoughts or advice from any veteran 11+ posters here.

What will you guys be putting down as your 3rd choice. :?:
In theory, you should get your choice, however, as an insurance policy, may be as well to put Caldy down as 3rd option, rather than the local comp. We've all seen how things have been messed up lately!
Bati

Post by Bati »

Caldy would be a good choice
for my daughter we have put all 3 girls grammars down
parent_of_two

Post by parent_of_two »

you are right, we could put Caldy as the 3rd choice, but is a quite a distant to travel to everyday as we live no where to West kirby.

Can someone confirm whether WGBS is allocated by distant from home to school or is it allocated to the highest mark on the 11+ first. E.g someone with 280 will be given higher preference to some else with 236 mark. Thanks in advance for your help. :D
Bati

Post by Bati »

places are given on distance not on who scored the highest
Have you checked if there is a bus to caldy. We have put down west kirby as 1 of our preferences. Its about 15 miles away from us but there is a school bus from here to there
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now