Number of children passing this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
benville

Number of children passing this year

Post by benville »

I emailed hot desk and asked about the number of children passing this year. Their reply was 'At this point 802 people have met the standard for entrance to Non Catholic Grammar Schools - 408 of the 802 were boys. Does anyone know how this number compares to previous years.
Many thanks
Ivana

Re: Number of children passing this year

Post by Ivana »

That's quite a lot, I am surprised, will they find places for all of them? My daughter passed her 11 plus and hoping for West Kirby Grammar. :D
wirralmum1

Post by wirralmum1 »

Hi,

When you look on the Wirral.gov.uk/admissions this figure (408 for boys) is quite low for the intake of all the grammar schools in Wirral... Is this figure correct?
mammy1

Post by mammy1 »

As a lot of people have been worried by the remarks about the number of passes this year, including myself. I have the following reply from Wirral Admissions today, my question was;

"Please could you let me know how many pupils have reached the required standard this year in the 11+ (not to include passes at St Anselms & Upton), also how many Grammar school places are available in Wirral. I have been told that all grammar schools will be oversubscribed? Can you shed any light please?
Kind Regards,"

The answer:

Good morning,

Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with this information as testing is still ongoing.

Regards,

Mainstream Admissions
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hi Mammy1

Well that was a short and sweet answer wasn't it?? :? I know when I telephoned them they could and seemed would not give me any information either! So I am very interested to know where these people get their information from!!!! And with testing still going on I doubt very much indeed that we will know anything until Allocation Day!!

So the nightmare continues! I hope you are feeling a little better :)

I have not heard any more GOSSIP which is why I have not posted anything recently, looks like not many people are hearing anything with regard to the "Secrets of the 11 plus in Wirral" xx
mammy1

Post by mammy1 »

Ha ha! Tyra you are funny.
Feeling much better now, have my plan to work to in place, feel more in control again now, hope you are ok too :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now