Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Freedom of Information
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:37 pm 

Dear Mike

Out of interest have you received a reply re FOI act.

Patricia

Last edited by patricia on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: half term
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:44 pm 
Hi Patricia...Well, our half term not until next week.

I'm sure all of the children and their teachers are ready for a break before all the SATS revision begins. Poor children....all these tests even before they get to Secondary school. Whatever happened to 'school-days being the happiest days of our lives'? {Although, I remember doing lots of tests myself at school... 'end of term exams' I re-call, just don't think as many stats. were kept in those days}!

I too await Mikes reply. re.FOI act here in Wirral

Enjoy your week off..

W U A S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:26 pm 

Dear WUAS

Wish upon a star sounds much better than WUAS!!.........

Shame Mike is not posting as much as he used to .....I really enjoyed his comments, in particular his sense of humour [ not everybodies taste I know.....and sometimes controversial ]

Have to say when I took my 11plus [many years ago] tutoring/coaching did not exist, didn't even know when the tests were to take place...just went in one day and sent to the hall. Something I do remenber......after finishing my verbal reasoning.....being a good girl, I sat checking my answers......the Head was parading up and down....stopped behind me, looked at my paper, pointed to a question and moved on.....I looked at the question again......it was wrong [ so I obviously changed it!!!!!] This would cause an outcry nowadays......I did pass, whether that question swung it, I will never know!

You must be getting your results soon. Bucks, I feel, have a reasonably good system...Testing middle of October, Results late November/early December.....as long as you pass you are pretty much guaranteed a grammar place [ and most will get their 1st choice of grammar [ we have alot to choose from]

From what I can gather....The Wirral has changed their style of 11 plus and now replicates the Bucks tests.

Have a good half term next week.....

Patricia

Last edited by patricia on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:43 am 

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your message. I too have teenagers {messy lot aren't they?... Both are already at Grammar School, coached a little by me....been here, done this before, so 'in limbo' for the final time etc}.

Yes..results will be posted out 1st class on March 1st, so March 2nd is D.Day if the Royal Mail can manage it!

I passed my 11+ too, no coaching other than a few practice papers with the class teacher. I don't re-call any pressure myself, although I'm sure my parents felt it and kept their thoughts to themselves!

Kind regards,

Wish Upon A Star :D