1st time poster

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ian_35

1st time poster

Post by ian_35 »

hi everyone,
just discovered this site.im currently trying to help my daughter study for her exams.ive read lots of posts and it has helped a lot,im using the tutors practise papers at the minute,are these the best ones for me to be using with her,any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance
ian
WirralJW

Post by WirralJW »

Tutors papers are a good start, but you should also be getting the NFER papers too. Best to buy them from the NFER web site as the ones you can get in high street shops don't have all the question types in them. Also I think the other kind we had are IPS - I think we bought some of those at the Wirral Grammar (Boys) open night. Good luck
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

WirralJW wrote: Best to buy them from the NFER web site as the ones you can get in high street shops don't have all the question types in them.
Hi WirralJW,

It is the first time that I hear of NFER papers with more types than the usual shop bought ones. May I ask how to find them? I had a look, but didn't findanything else than their usual packs.

Thanks

Catherine
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Ian-35

In my humble opinion The Tutors papers are by far the best papers you can use for the Wirral tests.

Also Susan Daughtery Bright Sparks and IPS.

I have never come across 21 question type NFER papers for sale. There is a familiarisation pack that contains all 21 question types that is provided to children by the LEA. Perhaps WirralJW could provide more information on how to obtain 21 type question papers.

The best place to purchase NFER papers is from this site where you can get a substantial discount.

Regards

Mike (co-author The Tutors)

Post by Guest »

Hi there - this is WirralJW not logged in properly! I could be wrong as my husband did most of the prep with our son last year. I thought we ordered direct from NFER site and they had all the question types? Apologies if I'm getting mixed up - would be more inclined to trust Mike's judgement on this one - he's the expert - sorry if I confused anyone