non catholic at st anselms and upton hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rebsto

non catholic at st anselms and upton hall

Post by rebsto »

hi, is it suitable or acceptable that non catholics can go to either of these? can you see any issues that may arise with the non catholic children? We are not catholic but the schools seem very good, has anyone been here and not baptised, what is a realistic view, of any catholic school aswell i guess, not necessarily these 2? is there a good majority of non catholics for example, what subjects or events would come up in school life that would be difficult in this instance? thanks
mammy1

Re: non catholic at st anselms and upton hall

Post by mammy1 »

Hi,
Both schools accept a percentage of non Catholic students. They are both very good schools. Mass is part of school life, I would imagine the student would be expected to attend, however you would need to check this out.
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

My friends daughter attends Upton and is not a catholic . She did however attend a catholic primary school so will know what happens in a catholic school .
Be aware that all,catholic baptised children who pass will get the places first and then places are offered to non catholic children based on the highest score ( for the places that are left ) ....I guess the amount of places will vary from year to year :D
mjames

Post by mjames »

Could anyone shed some impartial thoughts on Upton vs West Kirby for girls??
I really like Upton during open day, but that's not the best way to asses.
Thanks
pumbaa40

Post by pumbaa40 »

My son passed st aslams exam, we are non catholic hoping he still gets a place as missed out on wirral grammer boys via few points. Hoping at aslams is not short on places as less kids seemed to pass the 11 plus this year