Number of Children passing Wirral Exam this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AnnaE

Number of Children passing Wirral Exam this year

Post by AnnaE »

I live in Chester and my son has passed the Wirral 11+ exam.
Last year someone posted information on this forum about the number of children who passed the exam.
As we live out of area even though my son has passed he may not get a place at either Calday or Wirral.
I rang the Admission Team to request details of how many children (specifically boys) had passed this year. They said I would have to email the request which I did but I have not received a reply. I rang the admissions team again today and was informed that as some children are still sitting the exam they could not give me the information.
Has anybody heard how many children have passed this year?
Many thanks :)
debs2028

Re: Number of Children passing Wirral Exam this year

Post by debs2028 »

I do not know the pass rate sorry

Last year my friends son passed and applied to wirral and Calday .

They did not get an offer of their first choice wirral but got an offer from Calday ( they live in Croughton ..zoo side of chester)

They did appeal as their daughter is already at wirral girls but were unsuccessful. Their son is very happy at Calday and gets the school bus.

If he had been in the year above he probably would have got his place at Wirral
As far as I am aware all children from Chester have got places at Calday in recent years , due to the larger intake and catchment .

Whichever school you have a preference for put it first . Because of the equal preference form if you do not get your first choice , your second automatically becomes your first....and so on ( the schools do not know in which order you place the school) , so you are not disadvantaged.

Also remember that of those that pass some will go to private school and some will have taken St Anselms ( aswell as wirral) and will be included in the numbers

If you do not mind which school your son attends then I am sure he will get a place
My son is currently in year 8 at Calday and really enjoying his time , he gets the school bus from Morrisons and enjoys the journey and made some good friends

Hope this helps

Debs
AnnaE

Post by AnnaE »

Hi Debs
Thanks for your reply. We put Calday first as my son really loved it when we went to the open evenings. Fingers crossed he'll get a place!
I am worried that it will be a long day as he'll get the bus from the holiday inn at 7.30 if he does get a place but I have heard from other parents whose children do the journey that they get used to it... :?
ljc7

Post by ljc7 »

We live in North Wales, and my son got in last year with no problem. He gets the 7.45 bus from Ewloe, and is absolutely fine. He has fun on the bus journey, and we've just adapted our mopening routine a little! :?
AnnaE

Post by AnnaE »

Very happy my son got offered a place at Calday. We'll just have to get used to getting up early to catch the bus at 7.30 in September :D
Need to do this all again in 2 years for my daughter and hope she will get in to West Kirby!