DS missed out by 2 marks. Any advice?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sjw

DS missed out by 2 marks. Any advice?

Post by sjw »

Hi, it's quiet here in the Wirral forum isn't it?
Anyway, we got the results last week - and DS scored 122 and 112 respectively - missed out by 2 marks (234, pass is 236).
Absolutely devastated, still feel sick in the stomach. DS put in so much effort without being pushed. He wasn't tutored 'professionally'. He actually thought he had done better on the second paper than the first but was so nervous for the second paper.

He had absolutely set his heart on Wirral Grammar for Boys (DD goes to the girls') and we just said 'You put in this much effort it will be rewarded...'.
Any advice on the Appeals Process (I have read many posts in the Appeals area)? The email we received says that it was referred to the IAB - and the line below just says 'Not grammar'. :( I'm struggling to 'apply' for the 3 choices now - can hardly face it. It's going to be a long, hard wait until allocation/appeals. :(

Thanks.

2 marks. 1 question probably. :( :( :( :( :(
Logzi

Re: DS missed out by 2 marks. Any advice?

Post by Logzi »

My DD is in the same position. She was one mark away for Upton. She is devastated. I was a bit naive and thought that they would just let her off.....but its the whole appeal process.

I haven't yet submitted her school choices. Gutted ***
Beacherlover1

Re: DS missed out by 2 marks. Any advice?

Post by Beacherlover1 »

Hi
I haven't had to go through an appeal but wondered if you might be better off posting this in the appeals board. It's much busier on that board and you may get more of a response.
Good luck.