Wirral Grammar Girls Gcse's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DizzyDora

Wirral Grammar Girls Gcse's

Post by DizzyDora »

Hi

Heard a rumour that WGG provide every lunch time and evening after school help for GCSe's?

Is this help free?

Also heard that if you get a C for English Language GCSE then you have to re-sit this in the November in order to move into WGG Sixth Form even if you have no intention of doing this subject at A'level.

Many thanks
ToadMum

Re: Wirral Grammar Girls Gcse's

Post by ToadMum »

Looking at the Extracurricula Activities booklet on the school website (admittedly it seems to be from the 2014 / 15 school year and I can only get at the first page on my phone :roll: ), like most schools, they have lunchtime 'clinics'. It's highly unlikely that there would be charged for. As for the C grade thing, it might be best to check with the school? If you are only at the year 7 entrance stage, though, remember that policies can change a lot over five years.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think quite a few schools have lunchtime and after school extra sessions / clinics / catch ups . My experience of them was they that were voluntary unless there were specific problems .

Have managed to look at the extra curricula stuff and there are quite a few clubs / extra lessons eg Italian and also there are the support surgeries. I can't ever imagine that there would be a charge for these
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

DizzyDora wrote:Also heard that if you get a C for English Language GCSE then you have to re-sit this in the November in order to move into WGG Sixth Form even if you have no intention of doing this subject at A'level.
The School's Admissions Policy says that entry to the 6th form requires 6 GCSE passes at Grades A* - C, including English & Maths. A Grade B or even Grade A may be required for some subjects if taking them on to A Level.

A completely standard 6th form policy ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now