Is Upton hard for non catholics

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worried person

Is Upton hard for non catholics

Post by worried person »

Is it hard to get into Upton if you are not catholic because my daughter really likes upton

Post by Guest »

I know of at least 3 non catholic families who have children in Upton.

Check the Website it doesn't say about any refusal to non Catholics.

Non Baptism seems to be a problem..

"Currently we have over 900 pupils on roll. Our planned admission number for 2008 is 135. Previous years’ statistics indicate that all girls who reach the required standard and whose parents have placed Upton Hall School first on the Local Authority Preference Form are likely to be offered a place.
"
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi worried person,

From your post it sounds like you are having the same worries that I had two years ago.

As above guest says, as long as your daughter has reached the required standard she is likely to be offered a place, the admission number has also been highered from 120 to 135 which is better news for you.

My daughter (non baptised) is currently in year 8 and my cousin's daughter (C/E) has just started year 7. I can't tell you how many non Catholics there are in my daughter's form, as apparently it's never discussed.

As long as your daughter reaches the required standard you should have no problem.

Good Luck

Scatshouse.
wirralnumbers

NON-CATHOLICS

Post by wirralnumbers »

My understanding is that around 1/4 of the intake is non-Catholic...

but note the difference in selection criteria (again on their website).

If they are over-subscribed they don't work on siblings and distance from school like Wirral/West Kirby but Catholics first and the for non-Catholics from the highest mark in the exam downwards. Siblings and distance give you no brownie points
wirralnumbers

UPTON HALL ADMISSIONS POLICY

Post by wirralnumbers »

"Places will be offered strictly in accordance with the order of merit based on the results achieved in the Entrance Examination and according to the priorities stated below:

Baptised Catholic girls (including any girl who was baptised a Christian and can demonstrate that she has subsequently been admitted to the Catholic Church).
Girls, who have not been baptised into the Catholic Church, whose parents wish them to have a Catholic education.
In the event of oversubscription in any of the above categories, places will be allocated in order of merit based on the score in the Examination"
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now