West Kirby Blazer!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pensby

West Kirby Blazer!

Post by Pensby »

Hi thought anyone applying for 2009 of the future may like to know WK is introducing a new blazer to be compulsory for year 7 in 2009,it will be voluntary for other years.The blazer will only be available from school but will cost £15-£20 depending on size(so not overly priced!)

I think its a good idea and my DD who is year 10 says she wishes they 'done it earlier! she rather like DS's Calday blazer!

Anyway goodluck to all those out there planning for this years 11+, I can't believe it's been a year since DS took his,there is light at the end of the tunnel believe me :lol:
Pensby
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

Have to say - I wasn't in favour! I really like the jumper and I get the feeling that if girls wear the blazer in school they won't wear the jumper under it. Still I'm not complaining too much as if youngest wears it next year it means she's passed! Eldest who has been at WK all of a month has already declared she won't be wearing it. Personally I think if you're going to introduce a blazer then all should have it if the aim is to improve the all round appearance of the pupils. Hope it's going to have a crest - the one I've seen looks ghastly - all shaped and with pale blue trim. Aagh!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now