Tutor recommendation please ? (live in Irby if that matters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
3pink

Tutor recommendation please ? (live in Irby if that matters

Post by 3pink »

Could anyone recommend a tutor please for my DD
We're in year 4 at the moment which I feel is a bit early but I guess the best ones get booked up ?
guest42

Post by guest42 »

Have a look here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plu ... .php?l=344

I can't recommend because we are proudly a tutor-free zone!
3pink

Post by 3pink »

Thank you, we wuld be tutor free too given a choice but we're planning a new baby around the same time so I'm not taking any chances.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi 3Pink. We're not all tutor-free, I did a bit of both just to be on the safe side. Year 4 seems a little early to start. Year 5 seems reasonable.
Best of luck on your 11+ journey! Unfortunately the Wirral forum is a little quiet this year but you will find loads of info./opinions/debates for every step of the way and beyond on this amazing site!
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

A bit quiet! I feel like my DD is the only one sitting this year! I just hope that there will be someone there in 10 days to swap experiences with. :?
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Yes, come on Wirral! You 'll get some great support during this stressful time if experiences are shared.
How did your DD get on in the practice test Kittyhola?
redmickeyfinn

Post by redmickeyfinn »

Hi Everyone

Yes it has gone quiet! Can nearly see the light at the end of the tunnel. DD has the Upton exam on Friday and I am now having dreams about it. Dreamt that I had forgotten her pencils so we ran round Upton Village trying to buy them. But everyone had forgotten them so there where only 3 left & the shop keeper was trying to sell them to me for £13 for 3 pencils. I refused to pay that amount so just pointed to the school & told my daughter to just run for the gates! At which point I woke up. When to WHsmith today got a big packet of pencils. Think I am losing the plot.
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

DD has a vile orange felt tip that she sometimes uses when I test her on her weekly spellings and she can't be bothered to find something more appropriate to write with. Well, the other night I dreamt that she was filling in her 11+ answer grid with the orange felt tip and at the end of the test she was told they wouldn't be able to mark it because it was unreadable! I had been eating cheese earlier that night. But thanks redmickeyfinn your dream really made me giggle. DD is also doing Upton and I have bought 3 very dull pencils for the grand sum of 20p each from Goulds. NotionPotion - practice wasn't really a practice as DD had already done the paper, exact same happened with eldest last year. Still I suppose she got used to sitting in the hall. Keep posting guys - we need to get through these next couple of weeks tog :D
Dee

Post by Dee »

I heard that the practise test it was one of the tests that had been knocking about. Which one was it? My DS didn't recognise it and thought it was quite hard :(
Let's keep eachother calm in the next few weeks!!!!
guest42

Post by guest42 »

Oh yes I remember Upton last year. We were the very first to arrive. (Only because I had to drop off and couldn't stay)

I do think they have it right getting it over in one morning rather than spinning it over the best part of a month!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now