Learning Together Series

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
new2me

Learning Together Series

Post by new2me »

Hello, I have been looking at the Learning Together verbal reasoning books 1 - 4. Each book has a number of test papers, but it isn't clear if each book is pitched at the same level, or if each book in the series is progressively harder than the previous book. Does anyone happen to know?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear new2me

Which area/school are you applying for?

The Learning Togther series do not cover all the NFER 21 types of verbal reasoning.

Patricia
new2me

Post by new2me »

Patricia,

I am applying to Parmiters in SW Herts. The school has used Moray House for the last few years so the general advice from the forum is to try as many different verbal reasoning papers as possible. So I have purchased a selection of Bond, Athey, Sarah Daughtrey books 1 - 4 and graded test papers ( not Bright Sparks), as well as a IPS method and technique book. As DC seems to find the Bond papers and Sarah Daughtrey graded papers quite easy, I'm looking at the Learning Together series as it has a few question types he hasn't seen before, but I'm not sure whether one book in this series is sufficient.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear new2me

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your original question. Stephen McConkey, one of the authors of the Learning Together Series, is a member of this forum and does post occasionally. Perhaps send him a PM.

Patricia
new2me

Post by new2me »

I managed to get an answer to this. Book 1 is the easiest. Book 4 the hardest.

thanks.