Suggestions to help a dyslexic child with IPS type E and F

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kipper

Suggestions to help a dyslexic child with IPS type E and F

Post by kipper »

My child although being very bright has great difficulty with spelling. Her school don't recognise her as having dyslexia as she is in the top groups. However she is really struggling with IPS question types E and F . She just can't visual the words. Can anyone suggest where we can find additional practice questions for these types, and any additional materials/techniques that might help.

Also does anyone know what allowances Tiffin Girls make for dyslexia (don't know if it is worth getting her assessed privately)?
Nou

Post by Nou »

Re Tiffin. My daughter got an extra 5 mins, in each paper, she has a report from an ed psych. I think they also accept a letter from the school. If they have a statement of special needs they get an extra 10 mins. But seems unlikely in your case. Ring the admissions lady at the school they were extremely helpful at Tiffin.
Not sure the precise qs you were referring to as our stuff was binned! My daughter did struggle with find the word types. I bought stuff on eBay and from the other 11 plus company (!) .
I think the grammars are starting to go for easier VR and very tricky NVR if this year was anything to go by.
Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now