11plus registratiom?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
aalbadran

11plus registratiom?

Post by aalbadran »

I would like to register my daughter to go for 11plus examination. She is her birth day is 30 March 2000 and will be in year six next year.
What is the starting step please?
Thank you
Dr Adel Albadran
Bewildered

Re: 11plus registratiom?

Post by Bewildered »

Each area has different protocols.

It would be best to contact the school you are interested in directly or your local
authority education department and ask them for theirs.

Good Luck

BW
RaineB

Post by RaineB »

We are at the same stage: DS is currently in Year 5 and for Lincolnshire the tests will be held in September 2010. I emailed the schools we are considering through their own websites and asked for information. I was either sent the registration information or told it would be available at the school's open evening. I was surprised at how different the registration dates were: one was end of May (i.e by last Friday) the other wasn't until early September. I'm not sure how strictly they would hold to these dates but think it would be sensible to enquire sooner rather than later.

Good luck! :)
Sherbetlemon

Post by Sherbetlemon »

Another example: in Warwickshire there is a single, central registration for the 11+ (for the state grammars) through the local education authority and the test is in early October. Some time after half term I expect that my year 5 child will bring home from school an information booklet about secondary school transfer which will include a registration form for the 11+. Information is also available on the LEA's website and it will be possible to download the registration form from there as well. The closing date for registration is 16 July.

Private schools handle their admissions separately and you would need to contact them or look at their websites for details.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now