VR EASY

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

VR EASY

Post by Guest »

My friend's daughter finds thr VR NFER NELSON pratice papers easy.Getting over 90% in every paper.The thing is ,these are the only practice papers she tried and she's getting an excellent score on her first attempt.AMAZING!
Have there been any other children whom have found it easy.

Post by Guest »

I also forgot to mention her VR test is tomorrow and that's all the preparation she has done!!
Jed

Post by Jed »

Yes, there are some children like that. Our eldest daughter did only the Bucks practice papers at school a few days before the actual 11+ and scored 76/80 and 78/80. She passed the 11+ with a very high score. I think it's a combination of a natural logic, being good all round (not just in one subject area) and the ability to work quickly. Does your friend's daughter tend to complete school work fast in general? Our daughter is still leaving A level essays until 9pm the night before, dashing them off and getting an 'A'! Drives her friends nuts who have to work much harder at it.

If only it were always that simple (it certainly wasn't for me or for our other daughter!)

Jed

Post by Guest »

Hi Jed,

My friend's daughter goes to a different school than mine.We still keep in touch,so I don't have any idea how her school work is in general.I was speaking to her only last night and told her how luckly her daughter is not having gone through all the practising and lots of papers like most kids. Good luck to her.
Louise

Post by Louise »

She has done very well she's bound to pass. My daughter found the NFER papers easier than say the Bright Sparks and Walsh papers.
Darren

Post by Darren »

I agree with Jed. Some kids just soak this stuff up...And find it easy.

However don't get complacent !!

Yes 90% + is fantastic for a first few attempts. Have you tried varying it with the e-papers from this website ?

Without trying to sell these I'd vary it with some e-papers.
Which cover the full 21 types..

My daughter used to get 95% each time and came in for a big shock on 11+ day.. I haven't got a clue why but I suspect she hit a few tough questions and panicked...

If your daughter is also taking the exam this year then I wouldn't burn her out with these ....

Post by Guest »

In your opinion.Can a child find the VR test very easy and end up not fininshing the paper?To me this doesn't make much sense at all.The only time my daughter found a VR pratice test easy,she managed to finish 10 minutes before time and got over 90%.
jah

Post by jah »

There is always the possibility that the examiners set more questions than it is possible to do in the time, for whatever reason.

Practically though, taking the figure that the top 15% get a grammar school place, then I reckon that the top 10% should be able to finish. So, someone who "finds it easy" should finish. (Making a very broad assumption here - don't read anything into these figures )

I suspect that finding something easy but not necessarily finishing is something that younger children tend to do. By the time they get to year 6, children have generally experienced having to do a task within a set time.

My Year 10 daughter is a first class procrastinator, but it is the tasks she is less keen on or less good at that she procrastinates about (e.g. essays!). In other words, the things she finds easy she rattles through.
Darren

Post by Darren »

I believe kids should be looking to finish the paper with atleast 5 Minutes to check over the answers unsure about.

I'd sooner my daughter guessed a few and finished the paper than spent longer on the answers and Missed lots out.

Unfortunatly my daughter did what I didn't want to happen :(
crayoncanyon

Post by crayoncanyon »

I agree with Darren. :lol: :twisted: :roll: