21 question type papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

Re: 21 question type papers

Post by yoyo123 »

Kent uses the 15 types that come up in NFer ( tutors 1 - 15)
however very occasionally a question of the HIKNOS (i.e. 16 to 210) variety pops up. so now i usually do a quick whizz through those just in case. I concentrate mainly on the first 15 though.
Madhu

Post by Madhu »

Hi fm,

My DD is preparing for her exams now.
I saw your response where you have mentioned about old NFER and new NFER papers.
When I order online for NFER books how do I differentiate between old and New? Sorry for being so thick here. Also I do have the GL assessment papers. Are these similar to NFER? Please clarify.

Much Appreciated,
Madhu
abr

Post by abr »

Madhu,
Since you have GL assessment papers, you already have the old Letts. I think you need to read through this thread to understand about New Letts and old Letts papers. You can also get the ISBN numbers of the new Letts papers.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =3&t=13724
patricia

Post by patricia »

The follwing information has been taken from the bookshop of this website...

:: NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research) was recently acquired by Granada Learning (GL-Assessment, GL-A).

:: NFER /GL-A papers are used in most of the 164 UK Grammar Schools’ selective entrance exams.

:: Until recently NFER papers were distributed by Letts.

:: NFER papers are now distributed directly by Granada Learning (GL-Assessment, GL-A).

:: NFER /GL-A have NOT produced any new practice papers; the papers sold for familiarisation are still the same as those sold in 1990s, labelled 11A, 11B, 11C and 11D in each subject. However they have indicated that in the future they will create more practice papers, hence the new cover designs are called “Pack 1”.

:: NFER /GL-A has re-packaged the same pre-existing papers mentioned above under new covers and new ISBN numbers

:: Meanwhile Letts have adopted the same old covers (with giraffes, fish etc) they used for NFER distribution to launch their own new set 11Plus practice papers. These have a new ISBN numbers.

Patricia
Madhu

Post by Madhu »

Hi Patricia,

The information you provided re: NFER papers was very useful.

Many Thanks,
Madhu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now