appeal

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
khanj010

appeal

Post by khanj010 »

my son ds has already got a level 5c in maths but has a 4c in english in the school reports, will this be sufficiant grades if we had to appeal if ds did not pass. apparently you need 2 level 5 to appeal in bucks
Etienne

Re: appeal

Post by Etienne »

khanj010 wrote:my son ds has already got a level 5c in maths but has a 4c in english
I don't think these are really 'official' results. It would probably be more accurate to say that your son is already working at these levels (or reached this standard in optional year 5 tests).
khanj010 wrote: apparently you need 2 level 5 to appeal in bucks
Completely untrue. Everyone has the right of appeal if they need it - there are no conditions.

There might be a better chance of a successful appeal with level 5 predictions, but an appeal panel will consider each case on its merits and look at the totality of the evidence. See http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for factors that an appeal panel might wish to take into account when arriving at a decision.

(To sit the late selection test for 12+ and 13+ entry in Bucks, there is a requirement for level 5 in both Maths and English at Key Stage 2, if your child has previously taken the Bucks 11+, and assuming he attended a school which did KS2 SATs.)

Hope this helps
Etienne