Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fazal

Please help, what is the mark required for both VR and NVR

Post by fazal »

Hello

my son will be taking the 11 plus next year, he will take Vr and NVR in slough

I want to know how many marks he needs on both papers to pass, what is the thresold? can someone explain
clearly please? i know different schools it varies but i would like to know please

Best
fazal
faitaccompli

Re: Please help, what is the mark required for both VR and N

Post by faitaccompli »

You need to check the school's websites - there is a pass mark, but this is generally not sufficient to get a place at any of the Slough schools. If you check in the Berkshire section, there is a thread which gives the marks required to get offers this year.

I can only speak from my perspective - The pass mark is 111 I believe (this is averaged out from the VR and NVR and then standardised according to age), but if you want to get an offer then you need nearer 115/116 or more depending on which school you want. As the scores are standardised it is not easy to tell you exactly what they need to score, but I would have said (from my experience this year) probably in excess of 85% to pass, but nearer 90% or more to definitely be offered a school.

And it also depends on location, siblings, parents being teachers etc etc - so really you must read the school's website to find out what is required.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

is this any help?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... lus/slough" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don;t know a lot about Slough as I am based in Kent.

Have you tried searching back through Berkshire Section? ( there is a search facility at top right of page)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

aha! faitaccompli beat me to it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now