Moray House

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chrissyt80

Moray House

Post by chrissyt80 »

Please could anyone tell me where I can get Moray House papers or which other practice papers are closest to the Moray House test.
Many thanks
RationalityRules

Re: Moray House

Post by RationalityRules »

Hi. Interesting that 400+ people have read your post and no-one has replied! It seems lots of people want the answer to this but anyone with the answer doesn't want to share.

As far as I know, you can't get hold of Moray House papers. Athey are (apparently, from hearsay) the closest.

Best of luck. RR
Stephen McConkey

Post by Stephen McConkey »

Hi chrissyt80

The Learning Together epapers have been written to be close to the Moray House tests. (Obviously they are not original MH tests.)
You might want to look at those.

Stephen

Stephen McConkey is the author of the Learning Together range of products.
ontarget

Post by ontarget »

Hi Stephen,

Are the Learning Together verbal reasoning set of 4 books also similar to Moray House or is it only the epapers that are similar?
Stephen McConkey

Post by Stephen McConkey »

Hi ontarget and apologies for the delay in replying.
Yes our four books contain similar question types to the epapers but are completely different questions from the epapers. Hope this is of use.
Stephen

Stephen McConkey is the author of the Learning Together range of products.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Chrissyt80, Which exam are you taking that is a Moray House paper? My dd's sat six Moray House papers between them, Watford Consortium, Dame Alice Owen's and St Albans High School for Girls. They both thought Athey was the closest but also felt that having done a range of different publishers was key to doing well. Some of their friends did not recognise certain questions because they had only used one publisher and Moray asked the question in a slightly different way and they did not recognise it as the same question. I had five students this year who got full marks in the DAO VR and none of them had seen a Moray paper. It is much more important to get the timing right. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now