Hampton School 11+ Reasoning Paper

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplusstress

Hampton School 11+ Reasoning Paper

Post by elevenplusstress »

My DS will be sitting the Hampton pre-test on Jan 26th. Can anyone tell me what type of questions come up. Not sure how best to prepare. Just found out they are not like Bond, NFER etc. which is what we have been working on! (The pre-test reasoning paper is the same format as the 11+) :?
fatbananas

Re: Hampton School 11+ Reasoning Paper

Post by fatbananas »

Hi Elevenplusstress,

Who told you they were not like Bond papers? I know many tutors use them when tutoring for this school (and other schools around here).
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
elevenplusstress

A friend's son took the exam a couple of years ago. Apparently the Bond papers didn't help because the questions were different but they can't remember what they were like now. I just re-read the school website and it talks about maps and science etc.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Ah, yes, I've just read it through properly. I will ask around about it; know a few people who's DC have sat it and post if I learn anything. Haven't thought about the specifics of it til now. Better get DS reading some non-fiction!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Bestichka

Post by Bestichka »

DS sat the Hampton exam yesterday and yes, the Reasoning was not like Bond/GL/tutor. Couple of items were similar, but I understand it was structured differently (codes were definitely different). That's as much as I can get out of DS at this stage - he just refuses to talk about it, poor thing.
elevenplusstress

Hi Bestichka
Thanks for the post. Fingers crossed it went ok. Good luck for interview etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now