Glocs GL 21 types not the same as Pate's online test papers?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jamal1974

Glocs GL 21 types not the same as Pate's online test papers?

Post by jamal1974 »

Hi,
Can some one clarify the below 2 questions please. Thx.
(In relation to Glocs grammer schools).

1- Pate's school online test papers have non GL type questions (for VR). Correct? I asked a Pate's teacher on an open day last week and she stated that Pate's online test papers have exactly the types you are expected to see on 5th Oct 2013. But I when I checked Pate's test papers, they had some Non GL type questions, so confused.

2. XXXXXXXXXXXX tests in in Glocs Museum, specifically for Glocs grammer schools. My DD sat one few weeks back and complained that they had some types in the mock exam which were not in the GL book 1 and 2. Does some one know this to be the case. I would be very surprised if XXXXXXX would give children non GL type questions in mock.

Bottom line, if my DD sticks to 21 (or 22) types in VR GL, would she still encounter any other type in the real exam?

Many Thanks for any pointer.
Rgds,
Dad.

advertising removed by a moderator
pixiequeen

Re: Glocs GL 21 types not the same as Pate's online test pap

Post by pixiequeen »

Hi jamal

The questions on the Pates site are not part of the 21 types by GL Assessment, and likewise, the mock exam at Gloucester Museum contains some (slightly) different types - you can see the paper attached to the email with your DD's results on it. Personally I thought the layout of the XXXXXX papers was a long way off the mark.

However, they are still good practice because GL Assessment will throw in at least one type of question that is different to the 21 types in the real thing - that caught my DD1 out - a whole section on the first paper (3 years ago).

Advertising removed by a moderator
jamal1974

Post by jamal1974 »

Thank you pixiequeen for your comments.
It is good to get the re-confirmation.

More practice is always good. I had been saying to my DD that she would only see the 21 types she has seen in GL assessment. Now I have indicated to her that she MAY see some other type as well in the actual exam, so it is better to be prepared to avoid surprises.

Thx again,
Jamal
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

Only 21 type test. Use GL, Bright Spark and Walsh for some harder questions. Last year prior to CEM test starting in 2014. Good luck!
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

Also last year was heavily weighted with Vocab. We had pots with similar/opposites etc.
jamal1974

Post by jamal1974 »

Thanks Dixon. Yes it seems Vocab is the area where VR is won or lost.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now