Help with tutors and advice

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Galaxy123

Help with tutors and advice

Post by Galaxy123 »

Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to ask if anyone has any recommended (tried)centres or tutors for 11 + in North London or east London.
Also my son is starting year four and seems to have forgotten everything and quite behind. Any advice? And can I still try for 11 +
ToadMum

Re: Help with tutors and advice

Post by ToadMum »

Galaxy123 wrote:Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to ask if anyone has any recommended (tried)centres or tutors for 11 + in North London or east London.
Also my son is starting year four and seems to have forgotten everything and quite behind. Any advice? And can I still try for 11 +
Is it particularly VR your DS needs help with, or did you post here by mistake? If it's general tutoring you are after, perhaps a Mod will move your post to the 'Tutors' section for you.

Anyone can have a go at the 11+, however likely they are to pass, but you might be ruled out on age? Or did you mean your DS? (Sorry :) ). If you are thinking about Ilford County, though, be aware that although they might not be able to prevent you from applying these days, your DS still has no chance of getting in unless you live in their designated admissions area.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Galaxy123

Post by Galaxy123 »

No I'm taking about my ds. Wanted something tried and tested in this area as there's a lot of centres but you don't know which ones are actually worth it. I just wanted advice on what I should currently be doing as well to prep him up before year 5. As its my first ds,I'm a. bit clueless. So any advice on the schools or any type of advice, I'd be grateful.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Galaxy123 wrote:No I'm taking about my ds. Wanted something tried and tested in this area as there's a lot of centres but you don't know which ones are actually worth it. I just wanted advice on what I should currently be doing as well to prep him up before year 5. As its my first ds,I'm a. bit clueless. So any advice on the schools or any type of advice, I'd be grateful.
I'm afraid I can't help with tutors, as none of our DC went anywhere near one (and we are a long way from you, down by the seaside :) ). Might be better to post again in the 'Tutors' section and say which specific schools you are looking at - also in the sections relevant to where those schools are. I look at posts via the 'View unread posts' tab, but some members are less generalist in their viewing :lol:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now