question types

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

I will, Will do my best to prepare dd. and keep reading forum for tips and advise.

thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Blanca

You do not need a tutor, you just need to the know the relevant publishers, the method and technique of each type of question, and a few tips. Hence why I and others post to help those wishing to DIY....

Patricia
BLANCA

Post by BLANCA »

Thanks Patricia,

Yourself, Mike, guest55 and many others have already given me so much good advice, I will keep going. I am following your study plan posted on bucks and dd has done well. I have lots of faith in her (& this site ) but not sure I have the skill to get her through this final stage of prep. So please forgive my many posts to come as I'm sure I will be needing lots of help!
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hi Blanca

I totally empaphise with you. I too am constantly posting questions and am so grateful for everyone on here who gives advice particularly Patricia and Mike. I know too having gone through the same process with my son that the nearer the test dates the more worrying it becomes. Having read your recent post and how your dd is doing she sounds like she is on the right road so keep on doing what you are doing.

Will update on how we are doing on the other topic under bucks

Mel
:P
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

I think that success through DIY is probably more rewarding to the parent than paying for a tutor. Although ultimately the aim and hopefully the outcome is the same.

On this site the DIY parent has access to tutors, teachers, authors, parents with past experience of the process and parents who are just starting the process as well as professionals with experience in the appeals process. The amount of support for the DIY parent is highly accurate and relevant no matter which part of the country the tests are taken.

For the DIY parent it is important that you post as often as possible, no matter how trivial you think your query is, it is probable that another parent somewhere has a similar issue.

The DIY parent who is registered on the site and therefore can post messages actually provides a service to those DIY parents who choose not to register but do read postings as guests to the forum.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
yvonne

Post by yvonne »

Verbal reasoning

I am a DIY parent and trying to get my son into an essex grammar .
at the moment his scores on the verbal are poor in the region of 65% to 75%.
i am unsure as to whether or not to put him through the process as i dont feel he is ready.
it is difficult for him to focus and above all , he tries to rush into questions without reading properly.
How do i get him to
a)focus
b) read instructons clearly.
ymcc