Tiffin School results - please post in this thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gulat

Re: Tiffin School results - please post in this thread

Post by gulat »

@ Olisun Historically everyone who was deemed selective (scoring >= 111) and was a RC was offered a place in St Bernards Slough. 121 is a good score and I think your DC has every chance of getting St Bernards
olisun

Post by olisun »

gulat wrote:@ Olisun Historically everyone who was deemed selective (scoring >= 111) and was a RC was offered a place in St Bernards Slough. 121 is a good score and I think your DC has every chance of getting St Bernards
Thanks for the response.

Any idea about Langley and other grammar schools in Slough?
Nikita2014

Post by Nikita2014 »

olisun wrote:
gulat wrote:@ Olisun Historically everyone who was deemed selective (scoring >= 111) and was a RC was offered a place in St Bernards Slough. 121 is a good score and I think your DC has every chance of getting St Bernards
Thanks for the response.

Any idea about Langley and other grammar schools in Slough?
Olisun, pls take a look at the Berkshire section of the forum, there is a chart that should give you an indication of where your son is ranked based on his score, you will have no problem with St Bernards at all. Good luck and hope it works out for you.
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Can we clarify something? 219 is the mark that Tiffin have decided means a boy is deemed to be of selective ability. It will probably not translate to an offer of a place at the school. Even with the extra places and the (ridiculously huge) priority area I doubt the cut off will be more than, at most, a couple of marks below the cut off last year which IIRC was 231
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

That is usually the case.
The score for a pass and the score for an eventual offer are normally quite far apart.
The score for an offer last year seemed quite high - it started at 233 and then went down a bit as the waiting list moved. In previous years it has been around the mid to late 220's.

Anybody who wants Tiffins and whose son has passed the test should still name it on their form (1st if it is their first choice) but they may not know if the score is high enough until March.
J50

Post by J50 »

whichwitch wrote:Can we clarify something? 219 is the mark that Tiffin have decided means a boy is deemed to be of selective ability. It will probably not translate to an offer of a place at the school. Even with the extra places and the (ridiculously huge) priority area I doubt the cut off will be more than, at most, a couple of marks below the cut off last year which IIRC was 231

I would agree that this is correct. :)
CutLineDad

Post by CutLineDad »

whichwitch wrote:Can we clarify something? 219 is the mark that Tiffin have decided means a boy is deemed to be of selective ability. It will probably not translate to an offer of a place at the school. Even with the extra places and the (ridiculously huge) priority area I doubt the cut off will be more than, at most, a couple of marks below the cut off last year which IIRC was 231
September 2014:
Qualifying score was 233.
and then, was last year's final cut-off 231?

229 is far away from that. :?
gsz

Post by gsz »

I believe last year the final cut-off score was 230. I know of one applicant who was offered a place from the waiting list with a score of 230 in the first week of September. You can imagine the parents' surprise... their son had already started the school year in a local comprehensive when the call came.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

gsz wrote:I believe last year the final cut-off score was 230. I know of one applicant who was offered a place from the waiting list with a score of 230 in the first week of September. You can imagine the parents' surprise... their son had already started the school year in a local comprehensive when the call came.
Don't forget though that that's only one person sitting on the waiting list at 230 who's been offered a place. There could be any number of other boys with the same score who didn't get an offer (updated admissions policy last year!). With the new form of entry being added this year the cut-off may go down a few points from 231 but as this depends on the number of qualified scorers naming Tiffin on the CAF it's impossible to know until March where the cut-off will be this year.
msmsmsms1

Post by msmsmsms1 »

Does anyone know the number of boys who passed exam?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now