Nonsuch test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenp_parent

Post by elevenp_parent »

keepcalmandcarryon wrote:Well done everybody for those high scores. My DD still needs to take the 'big' test for Tiffins. Just out of interest I notice that elevenp_parent your daughter is sitting Kendrick too - have you a preference yet? Guilio - is your first preference Nonsuch? Other parents who are confident now of a place at Nonsuch will you be sitting for Tiffins too? I'm trying not to be nosey - just seeking re-assurance! All the people I know took Nonsuch as a practice for Tiffins but I realise depending on where you live you may have several choices but a definite preference for 1 above the other.
Yes, our first preference is Kendrick.
Stressypants

Post by Stressypants »

Thanks for your reassurances Giulio and DIYMum3. I like the new name suggestion! Unfortunately can't relax just yet as we still have the Tiffin test to go. Tiffin would be a much easier journey and we already have a son in yr 8 at the boys school, hence it is our first choice

Giulio wish you the best of luck for Wallington. We have decided not to sit as it is just too far.
geechan

Upset

Post by geechan »

My daughter was well prepared for the Nonsuch exam and she has done more than 50 VR & NVR parers each. She was getting more than 95% for both papers before the exam. Unfortunately she only got 236. I told her because we are walking distance to Nonsuch school (catchment area) she should get a place ( I tried to explain the Standardised curve). But she is not convinced because some of her friends got more marks than her (although she is doing better than these girls in the class). She was very upset when the results were out but she is getting better now. One problem with my DD is that she reads very fast and miss out lots of words. I think she must have misread one section of VR. Anyway, good thing is that she is working hard for Wallington and Tiffin exams just to get her pride back.
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

Geechan, I'm really not sure why your daughter is so upset. I'm assuming that if you live walking distance to Nonsuch it would be your first choice and as you are in catchment your daughter has scored enough to secure a place. Does it really matter if her friends are ranked higher?? Does it matter if you got into Nonsuch ranked at 180 rather than ranked at number 1?? I can't see that it makes any difference, as a parent I'd actually be telling her to relax now and not worry about working even harder as she has achieved the grammar school place she was working towards.
gemstone

Nonsuch test result

Post by gemstone »

Thanks Giulio and I really do wish your DD all the best for the Wallington exam. We will also sit the Wallington but Tiffin is too far so won't bother there. Nonsuch is our nearest school and so I have placed it as 1st preference.
mchaudhry

Post by mchaudhry »

Hi im new to this website but i just wated to ask whether my DD has a chance she got a score of 239 and we are about 4KM away from nonsuch if you measure the distance in a straight line but about 5.5KM if you go through every single road so does anyone know if this is enough.
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

I would bet that is enough
the distance in a straight line, so you are in the catchment
and 239 translate probably something like rank 100-130

your first choice?
mchaudhry

Post by mchaudhry »

Hi yh it is my first choice and i am planning to write it in the first 3 blocks just to be sure they know how much i want my daughter to go there :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mchaudhry wrote:Hi yh it is my first choice and i am planning to write it in the first 3 blocks just to be sure they know how much i want my daughter to go there :)
tempting to do so !!! but if there is any risk that you won't get a place (and I really can't say as don't know how it works there) then you need to put an aceptable alternative otherwise they will just alocate you somewhere. putting the same school down 3 times doesn't increase the chances....

.. having said that I just put down one school once - in catchment / passed / catchment accounting for only 50% of places - so OK to so but if there is a possibility of oversub then need plan B
hiten

Post by hiten »

Hi, I am new to this forum. Congrats to all the parents and children who have done brilliantly.

My daughter scored 220. I am v nervous whether she stands a chance of getting a place or not? On googlemap, the distance from SM3 8AB (Nonsuch postcode) to my home is coming up as 4.8km. Does she have a chance of getting in on the second criteria - catchment basis? Wait till March seems v long!!!!!!