Tiffen

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
patricia

Tiffen

Post by patricia »

Dear All

I have today discovered that the mysteries of the Tiffin exam [ well the VR side of it] ARE A MYTH

Do not let any one tutor or parent tell you that the Tiffin exam is harder than any other exam, it is not, it may be harder to 'get in' because over a thousand are applying for very LTD spaces.

It is the same 21 types as used by Bucks, no more no less, no harder, no easier.

The following link may be of some help, 5th post down.

viewtopic.php?t=929

Good Luck

Patricia
Jess

Post by Jess »

Thanks for that Patricia-it's very reassuring. How did you find out? Or are you unwilling to reveal your sources?!

Jess
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jess

Its a difficult situation....I just ask that you trust me!

Should the Tiffin tutor who posted yesterday be reading this, I am aware of the situation, please register and send me a PM, do not be put off by circumstances.

Patricia
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Thanks. Patricia. I only know there are 21 types of VR six months ago when I first started to help my child to prepare the exams. As a DIY Mum, I do try look out any available resources. This forum does provide a lot of valuable tips and resources. It is a shame we should not make the whole test as a myth.
YoYo
Jess

Post by Jess »

Hello Patricia

I'm more than happy to trust you-on this and many other issues! But (see my post on the 'Missing Thread' thread) I'm more than a little frustrated. Those of us preparing our children for the Tiffin test have, up till now, had to piece together info from other areas and the odd posting in this section. Just when we have had contact from a Tiffin tutor, the thread has been removed with no explanation. I don't know the circumstances but I'm concerned that that's the last we'll here from 'Tiffs Tutor'. You and Mike provide invaluable advice on VR but Tiffin tests on NVR too and Tiffs Tutor may well have been able to offer advice on this and more general Tiffen matters. I hope you'll understand my frustration.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now