Format of Sutton test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Format of Sutton test

Post by yoyo123 »

Shaftsbury1 kindly provided this information (2009)
Hello everyone!
I know everyone is busy with prep for the imminent exams and hence the quiet on this site!

I had been trying to find the exact format of the upcoming Sutton exam and had remember seeing it being mentioned somewhere in previous posts.And of course when i needed it couldn't find it! :roll:

I received the details yesterday from Sutton themselves,so problem solved.

I have noticed that the formats of various 11+ are posted as "stickys" at the top of other areas and i thought it would be good for newcomers to able to find the details rather than having to trawl through old postings?

So for anyone who does not know yet or needs to know for next year the sutton format (for this year) is:-

Verbal reasoning -50 minutes-multiple-choice.

Maths-35 minutes-standard form

English is divided into 4 parts:-

1.Grammar.
2.Fill in the missing words.
3.Short comprehension.
All of the above parts are multiple-choice and in 30 minutes.
4.An essay-20 minutes.

Good luck to everyone and see you after the exams for the councilling sessions :lol:

Admissions in 2012

The most recent test details and admission information can be found in the schools section http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sports taxi

Post by sports taxi »

Confused :?
I thought that the maths was 50 mins and the verbal reasoning 35- have I got that completely wrong?
I know the exam has happened but would be useful to clarify for people next year...or taking the exam late.
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Think the original post was correct : VR 50 mins - 80 questions; Maths 27 questions - 35 mins plus the English and essay elements.
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

Yes sports taxi the original was copied from the information letter sent by sgs themselves.
But i know i thought the exact same as you that the maths should be the longer of the two.
mommyg

Re: Format of Sutton test

Post by mommyg »

For the second test, does anyone know how long the papers are?
Essay - is it a 30 min essay?
Math - do you know if there are marks given for showing the working too?

Thanks
parent2013

Re: Format of Sutton test

Post by parent2013 »

I think this thread has misleading info as the exams are now in 2 parts - Maths + English screening (multiple choice) followed by 2nd round (descriptive)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now