Countdown to D-Day........

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi Shaftsbury

I am picturing you filling in a graph denoting the time of your postal delivery each day or perhaps it would be a good exercise for your DS!!!! :lol:

If you're going to stalk your postman, just make sure you have proof of address - I don't know if it will help but it's worth a try....

Px
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

So glad others are experiencing the same worries and I am not going mad on my own. This last week is going to be painful I am sure. I am expecting the website to crash on March 2nd under the weight of London parents trying to find out info. Those whose children sat Tiffin girls, are we expecting the pass mark to be higher this year as so many girls sat the test?? Preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

p.s. have been told that overdosing on George Clooney before bedtime can prevent the dreaming about results day problem. Suggest all fellow sufferers give it a try.
Third time round

Post by Third time round »

I ran up the road on Friday and apprehended the postman (who didn't know me as he was a relief postman.....) and he gave me my letters several houses in advance! worth a try!
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

8 days..........

Good morning everyone! I had thought someone would have already done this morning's count but it seems everyone is enjoying a sunday sleep-in!

Thanks Plum and Ttr for the tips,i might try them if i get really desperate!
Ttr did you then open the envelope in front of the postie as well!?

Oh DIYmum, i am feeling a little down as well,tiffin is so tough and tbh ds's nvr is weak.And now he has admitted to me that despite the vr in the Sutton being easy,the rest he found tough compared to Wally and Wilsons.
Well lets hope our fears are unfounded.

Will we receive individual school results on the second as well or to they arrive later?

I like the George Clooney tip- :lol:
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Morning SMT (or possibly, PMT!! :D :D ).

Hope you don't mind me popping in here now and again to check you are all hanging on in there!! :) << need to check that the "Lucky LBC Baton" is being looked after dontchaknow? :lol: >>

I'm loving the idea of you monitoring the post, Shaftsbury1 - I think a multi-coloured bar chart may be called for!

8 more days - Good Luck peeps!! :D :D
Nxx

Post by Nxx »

Hi everyone

LD of course we don't mind you popping in on us...the more the merrier! :D

Plum..so glad you have sorted out your login..thanks to BM.
Shaftsbury1...loving the idea of shadowing the postie...me thinks to try that one too :lol:

Well, so far I have cleaned the house top to bottom, washed and ironed the school uniform, got the roast in the oven for lunch and its only 11.30am!
I'm sooooooo nervous about the 2nd..what if both Wally Boys and Wilsons results were admin errors :shock: :shock:
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

WOW nxx....i am impressed :shock: .There is no point me even thinking about cleaning anything until the kids are out.

You know i was thinking that i don't know if we will ever meet at the school gates but the asylum gates seems more likely.I will be there with a badge saying 'PMT' on. :lol:
Nxx

Post by Nxx »

:lol: :lol: Asylum Gates :lol:

Shaftsbury1...Im there too!!

Oh and yes...Ive started designing our PMT badges..in the final stages at the mo! :lol:
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi Chaps

Glad to see you're holding on (just :lol: )

Nxx, when you're bored with your house, you're welcome to get to grips with mine (I thought it might be worth a try :wink: )

I have already discussed the possibility of an admin error with DH and he assured me, from his totally horizontal postion (he's soooo laid back about this, it's really annoying) that as we have a letter there is no way they can back out and that we would take all action necessary. However, his forthright comments may have something to do the we fact that I woke him in the night and said "What if?????".

Shaftsbury - I was thinking more of a pie chart - lemon meringue or apple and blackcurrent....... mmmmmmm, lovely!

Had some good news today - a couple of DS's we know from rugby got their first choices of Whitgift and Caterham, which is great.

No doubt I will "see" you all tomorrow - I have a day off, YIPPEE! :D :D :D

TTFN
Plum