Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:06 pm 

Are the 11+ exams for Wallington, Sutton & Wilsons all much the same standard? I have heard differing reports some say that Sutton is the most difficult others say Wilson's. I have to start thinking about secondary schools and it all looks so stressful.

Many thanks

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm 

In my humble opinion (and my DS who has just been through the process), Wilsons was definitely the toughest. Sutton and Wallington are about the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 pm 

I believe that one should not think a lot about which one is easy or hard. You can help your DS to prepare for the exams and hope for the best.

Every child will have a different opinion about the exams for various schools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:58 pm 

Thank you for your responses. I suppose first thing is to visit the schools on their open days and get a tutor lined up.

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 pm 

I would agree with the above but I think Wilson's is only marginally harder. If you are well prepared then there is no reason not to do well in all three - they are all great schools (I have one at Wilsons, one just going to Wally Boys and I went to Sutton!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm 

Hi Gremlin

Welcome to the forum!

DS didn't sit for Sutton so I can't comment on that but I think the hardest thing was keeping the motivation going for the 4 months between WCGS & Wilson's. Fortunately (IMO) for your DS, the exams have been moved for next year and are much closer together - having it right after Xmas was really tough for DS as we had family over from Oz (all very bad timing! :roll: ). However, some may consider this a disadvantage as if unsuccessful with Wallington, you still have a few more months to prepare for Wilson's. But in our case, as DS passed Wallington we lost the incentive a bit and were rather too relaxed for Wilson's! :oops:

Good luck with it all - I don't envy but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!

Plum