nonsuch/wallington girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
whathappened

nonsuch/wallington girls

Post by whathappened »

Hi, does anyone know what happens after the tests in september.do we get a letter just saying our dd passed/failed test or will we be given actual scores? I would find it very difficult if we had passed but didnt know by how much and if we lving on false hope.thank you
2outof3

Re: nonsuch/wallington girls

Post by 2outof3 »

At nonsuch you get a letter telling you your DD's mark and the "passmark". This is the mark above which girls are deemed to be of selective ability. Achieving that mark won't necessarily get you a place, however. For the first time ever (to my knowledge) Nonsuch this year posted on their website the marks that were required to get a place at first allocation for both in catchment and out of catchment girls. Should be useful this year when trying to guess whether your daughter will actually get a place ........ :D

Hopefully a Wallington parent will come along shortly.

Quiet on the Surrey forum at the moment :?
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Thank you so much 2outof3.that really helps.I was trying to figure out how it worked on your common application form if you did not get any idea about score so you have really helped.agree,it really is quiet here,but what a great support system.thanks again :
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi

DD got a place at Wallington for Sept 2010, we knew only at allocation day in March.
We must have received a letter after the exam, don't remember the wording, but surely we knew she passed but we did not know what to expect.

What I know is that pass mark was 326, pass mark to get a place in catchement was 353, and for out of catchment was 371. 1452 girls sat the exam (don't I like stats?!)

good luck

Giulio
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi Giulio, thank you for that info.well done to your dd for getting in.went to the open day and it really is a lovely school.we are lucky that in sutton the schools are all pretty good but as my dd wants to sit the test,we will support her in that.We have not been doing tutoring for very long as we are not really in a position to afford it and dd is at present a 4a in maths,which i think is wonderful but several other mums have told me not to consider sitting exam unless you are straight 5,s! I feel quite lucky really as my dd is dismissed by many other mums so we dont have any pressure! thank you again
abr

Post by abr »

Hi Giulio, your stats are really helpful !!

Good Luck to all the girls who have got into grammars this year.

I visited Wally girls with my DD on open day and was quite impressed with the school. But I was disappointed to hear that we will only know if dd passes or fails the test in Oct. If she fails,this option does help us so we dont have to name Wally girls in our list. But if she passes, we will have no idea about the chances of getting into the school. This is only going to increase our anxiety the coming months.
I hope Nonsuch sticks to their last year's method of telling the score. This will atleast give us some rough idea of the chances of securing a place
abr

Post by abr »

I would like to update that I confirmed with the admissions section at Nonsuch Open Day about their results procedure. This year also they are sending the scores (your child's specific normalised score) along with the information if your dd passed or failed the test. I am thankful they are not keeping us in the dark about the scores.
I was quite impressed with the way Nonsuch's Open day was organized. The guides were very helpful and informative. I would like to know about the thoughts of other parents who visited Nonsuch yesterday(15/07/2010).
supermummy

Post by supermummy »

Hi abr

we had a look at Nonsuch yesterday for DD2. We all really liked it (including DD1 who berated us for not knowing about the school in time for her to apply last year :? ).

We were impressed with the resources and how helpful and friendly the girls were. The only dampener for us was the rather rude lady in admissions whose answer to everyone I saw seemed to be 'check the website'.

I am impressed that you managed to get any information at all!
catcool

Post by catcool »

My daughter was one of those guides yesterday and she said they handed out 1400 prospectuses (one per family) so it is going to be very popular .
abr

Post by abr »

Catcool, A big "thankyou" to your daughter and her peers who made our visit very enjoyable.

Wowie !! 1400 prospective candidates !! And there are just 180 places... :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now