Tiffins for Kingston children only in 18 mnths!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaysDarlin

Re: Tiffins for Kingston children only in 18 mnths!

Post by JaysDarlin »

Phew, SVE I sure hope you are right, we were discussing moving to Kingston within the next few years for ds3 - thats hoping the ds2 gets in for 2011!

Does anyone have any information on Tiffins becoming an academy? I really cant get my head around what that would mean?

Hope all is well with everyone. :)
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

With a smaller pool of children to select from, Tiffin's standards will come right down. Same thing is happening in Slough Consortium. Is this the end of GS system??? Our DS2 is preparing for Tiffin 2011. Then we will have to wait for three years till DS3 reaches 11+ age. At this rate there would be no good grammar schools left by that time.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I would think many things could be subject to change in the next couple of years. The new govt. may be considering redrafting the admissions code and there are the new academies to consider.

Merry-go-round! :?
TiffinGirl

Post by TiffinGirl »

I am a current Tiffin Girl. This rumour is not true. It had been suggested, but shot down very swiftly.
As for becoming an academy, it is likely that all "outstanding" school will become academies within the next few years. It ismainly a chnage of funding and power, but wouldnt directly affect the selection process.
I hope this helps!
TiffinGirl
x
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Thanks for that Tiffin Girl.

My son is a Tiffin boy but he hasnt a clue what's happening within the school, so well done for being so well informed!

8) 8) 8) 8)
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Admissions procedures being challenged in Kent for superselectives. Adjudicator called in - result of this soon. Amazing though it seems the adjudicator can change the entire admissions procedure for entry sept 2011 - for children who have already sat 11+. Complete horror over in Kent.
suttonparent

Post by suttonparent »

I'm coming to this argument a bit late, so do not really follow. Will Tiffin be allowing out-of-borough kids to snaffle places, or will the school's services be at the disposal of the local community exclusively?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

suttonparent wrote:I'm coming to this argument a bit late, so do not really follow. Will Tiffin be allowing out-of-borough kids to snaffle places, or will the school's services be at the disposal of the local community exclusively?

I think that is what the adjudicator is trying to decide on this for some schools - not sure which

there are obviously pros and cons for this is any area - do you spread your net wide and allow tax payers children from anyway to go if they can get a high score. Or limit to local tax payers children?
WP

Post by WP »

There was a rumour that Tiffin was changing its rules, but apparently it has no foundation.
la boume

Post by la boume »

Kingston is in a big trouble anyway because of all these arguments about the proposed new secondary school.