Wallington Girls Exam today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sostressed

Re: Wallington Girls Exam today

Post by sostressed »

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what day results are likely to arrive. I understand it will just be a pass or fail with no indication of mark. Is that correct?
hawkmoon274

Post by hawkmoon274 »

HI,

I think the results have been posted today, so we should get them by tomorrow...reading on this site i am not sure what the letter will contain, a pass mark etc or not.
silverkaylah

Post by silverkaylah »

I spoke to the school today and they told me that they would be posted out this week but she didn't know (wouldn't tell me) what day exactly.
I got the impression many people had called and she was fed up, I only said the words entrance test and she spoke over me saying "they will be sent out this week!" :lol:
I'm sure that I read somewhere that the contents would only say if your DD achieved the pass mark rather than giving actual scores.....on the other hand i could have dreamt that :?
doroty

Post by doroty »

silverkaylah wrote:I spoke to the school today and they told me that they would be posted out this week but she didn't know (wouldn't tell me) what day exactly.
I got the impression many people had called and she was fed up, I only said the words entrance test and she spoke over me saying "they will be sent out this week!" :lol:
I'm sure that I read somewhere that the contents would only say if your DD achieved the pass mark rather than giving actual scores.....on the other hand i could have dreamt that :?
The letter won't inform scores, just if the girl has passed the exam or not. A shame really. They could do the same than Nonsuch. At least the score gives you a more realistic picture about the result and helps to choose preferences in the Common Form...
sostressed

Post by sostressed »

Has anybody got any idea when Wallington will sent out the results? It is ridiculous not to give a date and keep some many in suspense. Is there an alterior motive for this delay........................................ or perhaps it is all completely innocent and just down to the sheer volume.
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

from the school website:

Letters to parents / carers informing them as to whether their daughter is deemed to be of selective ability, for this school, were posted in the second week of October 2010.

shd get it today or tomorrow then.
waitingagain

Post by waitingagain »

WHSG letter received this morning - only states selective ability or not. Good news for us so far. Long wait til March though. Good luck to everyone
abr

Post by abr »

Not sure what to make of Wally Girls Grammar changing their poilcy re. including scores in the results letter.
When one takes a test, it is only logical that they expect to receive results detailing pass/fail and scores. The reason given by the school was that sending out scores creates score comparisons by children to each other who hang on to their perception of superiority / inferiority depending on their entrance score relative to other children even after they have entered Year 7 at the school. Grammars seriously think that children and parents in Britain are suckers. I don't understand why you have selective grammar schools in the first place (topic for another thread) if a school is worrying about children comparing scores.
abr

Post by abr »

DD passed WHSG (and probably, so have 600 others); but letter received today.
ob1

Post by ob1 »

DD very happy - passed WHSG (failed Nonsuch, in area for both) now we wait for 138 days....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now