Tiffin Boys Waiting List 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bilu

Re: Tiffin Boys Waiting List 2011

Post by Bilu »

Also one very anxious father here, waiting to hear how the girls school list will move. I'm agreed the big worry for parents is applicants not electing for Indies due in most part economic factors. Although, some advantages of WL intakes at the boys schools as previously discussed on this thread, i.e whole batch getting in. On the girls WL thread, not much ongoing discussion, so at 13 on WL from historical data i beleive your DS stands a good chance. Trouble is, succes from past years allocation doesn't necessairly provide support for this years, and doesn't make the waiting any easier.
doingmybest

Post by doingmybest »

Re boys: I know 2 not taking up places, one got into Kings and the other a scholarship at Hampton. Hampton seem to be pushing out a lot of scholarships this year and that usually creates some movement.
DS's 2 best friends are high up the list and we really want them to get in.
Good Lucy to everybody waiting to hear.
veryworriedmum

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hi doingmybest!

Thanks for that info. My ds is on the waiting list as well with a score of 223! Your post is like a ray of hope for us! Fingers crossed the wl shud move up further....I know chances are very slim but I'm hoping for the best!

Veryworriemum
anxious mother

Post by anxious mother »

Thanks for the info, Doingmybest, I`m starting to get very pessimistic now! Anybody else know of boys turning it down ? - share, please!
catonhottinroof

Post by catonhottinroof »

Apparently Tiffin have now lowered the pass mark to 227, so will be offering places to boys ranked in position one.
veryworriedmum

Post by veryworriedmum »

Oh thanks catonhottinroof! Congrats to those on 227! They will be so overwhelmed! At least gives me a ray of hope!I know the chances are quite slim coz my ds is on 223 but fingers crossed! Best wishes to everyone! keep posting!

veryworriedmum
vnunny

Post by vnunny »

Thank you catonahottinroof, the waiting list ticker tape now officially moving!

Looking at 2010 & 2009 (& before) Tiffin school waiting list threads, it looks like things start to move during the last week in March & tend to settle to final mark by end of April (sometimes later), so we're right on track :wink:

DS only 2 marks away now, aaaaaaargh! :shock: Fab Plan B (KGS indie) in place as don't know how things are going to go during these harder financial times...

Fingers, toes, arms & legs crossed for us all, gulp,
veryworriedmum

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hi all!

I was just wondering how many on the waiting list have accepted or will be accepting the offers! My one is sitting on 223 and I had to accept a place at another GS. Unfortunately I didn't have a plan B :( So hoping that the list will come down to 223! Fingers crossed!

Best wishes to all!

Veryworriedmum
anxious mother

Post by anxious mother »

hi, I spoke to a lovely lady at the council yesterday who told me they are waiting on replies for 7 boys, all of whom would have to turn it down before the list would go down to those boys on 226.She was pessimistic about the likelihood of this.I`m trying to get my head around this, as this would mean this would be the first year the list had never gone down more than one point. Feeling very depressed now!!Has anybody else got any thoughts on this? Does anybody know people who are holding on to a place at Tiffin but are likely to take another option? Looking for grains of hope!! :(
Mona

Post by Mona »

Dear Anxious mother,

After reading your post I called the council to find out the current situation. They said they are waiting for 11 boys to reply before the list could go down to 226.

I am confused now. Which one of us was given the correct information. Anyway this does not help to release the depression.

Any one else with any good news... please share...

mona.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now