wallington girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mm14

Re: wallington girls

Post by mm14 »

Hi what happened. Thank you for your kind words. I cant believe how quiet the Wallington forum is. I have not phoned the school since to find out of any movement as I have heard there is very little. I see on another forum you posted that the list moved 21 places last year. I wonder if you know whether that was occ list or in catchment or even the combined movement on both lists? Thanks
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, just rang a friend who got in last year.The 21 was in catchment but she said the list had definately moved quite a bit on both lists.I have posted on another thread where they were saying the waiting lists are all being dealt with by the lea and it seems to have delayed all waiting lists.My friend got in just before august last year.A mum at the school rang them early last week and was told they were still waiting on 7 replies from other leas which makes it seem they are all from occ,so still hope for you.The list had not moved last monday but if anyone rings and gets any news,i shall post this info for you.The waiting must be horrible and i really feel for you but dont give up hope.
mm14

Post by mm14 »

Thanks again whathappened. Just interested to know how your daughters friend is getting on with the waiting list. I know you said she had scored 367 in catchment. Good luck to her. My daughter is now 8th on the list and they are still chasing 7 girls who have not replied!
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, good to hear there has been some movement.I havent heard of any movement at all from in catchment.My friend has gone for private now.At first she was very hopeful as everyone kept telling her she had a good chance but then she heard of people on 370 who had not got in straight away on waiting list and i think she had trouble coping with the not knowing. It is crazy that it is taking this long to find out about 7 people but hopefully they have not replied as they have found somewhere else and you will keep moving up the list.well, keep us posted and i shall update any news and there might be some other people with news who could join in.
fingers crossed
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, sorry,just a quick update.just spoke to another mum who has confirmed that the 22 places offered last year were from both lists.sorry if i gave you incorrect info before, but it would seem that only a few places have been offered this year so possibly more to come!
mm14

Post by mm14 »

No problem. I thought it sounded too good to be true! I will just have to wait and see!
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, keep positive, places offered overall are still way short of what they were last year.I wonder if there will suddenly be a few places offered at once. Very strange how quiet the wallington forum is compared to other years.keep us posted and fingers crossed.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, heard at school gates that the in catchment list has moved up one place as they had some replies from the outstanding parents so hopefully your list has moved also.mums here main concerns seem to be that people are sitting on private school places but not telling Wallington girls and as unlike Tiffin,they do not buy uniform direct from the school,the school has no way of knowing until start of september term! good luck still.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, heard in catchment has moved a little and was just thinking of you.any news? still plenty of time.best wishes
mm14

Post by mm14 »

Hi again. Phoned today and we are now on 6th so we seem to be moving ever so slowly. Not holding out much hope as its getting near the holidays now. Oh well I have an independent as a back up. Anyway thanks for keeping me going on this forum, seems there are only the two of us to share anything. I will let you know any further news.