Disappointed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiredmum

Re: Disappointed

Post by tiredmum »

catonhottinroof wrote:Lol at the cheating accusation. Particularly as have just seen DS' year 6 homework: "Here are the spellings from the 2006 SATs test you sat this week. This is your chance to learn the ones you got wrong as we will be re-testing you next week." Does this mean that DS' primary school is cheating at SATs because they are doing preparation for them? If that is the case I think most primary schools could be labelled as cheats in the next month or so!
Exactly, you could continue with GCSE's, the pupils are given the sylabus for a subject, advised by their teachers on what topics to revice for the exam as well.
DonnaH

Post by DonnaH »

[quote="Rosette"][quote="doingmybest"] there seems to be a reliance in KUT on THE FAMILY (you know who I mean)

Hi im knew here, please could some one pm me to tell me who THE FAMILY are and how I get contact details for them?

Thank you
Donna
Last edited by DonnaH on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paradoxical

Post by paradoxical »

Actually, I was wondering about the same thing! THE FAMILY- I just hope it's not mafia related! Just kidding of course!
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

The Family, I assume, refers to the locally well known mother and daughter Tiffin tutors. They are booked up years in advance so rumour has it.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

My other gripe - whilst I'm on a roll - is why does any child "deserve" a place more than any other? If you're from a less wealthy background and bright do you deserve a place more than a wealthy child who is just as bright?
2003 - I may be wrong, but I think the original purpose of GS was to educate children from poorer families not educate richer ones who can afford fee paying schools - that's possibly why people get upset and gripe about this.
brentfordmum

Post by brentfordmum »

Hi
My son is in year 5 and will be trying for Tiffin this year. We have been going down the DIY route, doing a few papers a week. But after going through this forum, I feel maybe I should send him to a good tutor. Can anyone pass me the details of any of the well known tutors in Kingston, Richmond;'The Family' or the 'Famous tutor'.or any other reputed tutor.
edited by moderator: please respond via private message

Thanks in advance
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now