tiffin boys waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rcww

waiting list

Post by Rcww »

beth wrote:rcww - why don't you ring the school and see how many people got the same score as your son and are also 59 on the list, and what happens if there are 10 or 15 boys on the same number. Do they all get in or how do they choose?
Called Tiffin today and they told me that 66 boys has to turn down the offer before we get the offer. (At the present there are 7 boys who has score 224.)

They also told me that if there is more than 1 boy to a number they will offer it to all the boys hence they are often over subscribed.

Last your they got down to number 40 but it varies from year to year

Hope this is informative to all
Thea

Post by Thea »

Thanks - useful and interesting! I know of one who got in who may go independent as has scholarship elsewhere, so they may start dropping off soon. Good luck!
Best Regards,
Thea
beth

Post by beth »

still a bit puzzled. Somewhere on this forum there's a thread where a parent says that tiffin went down to number 70 last year - she says it was her son who was offered the place so info is reliable! I also heard of someone who was number 57 last year and got in. So what on earth are tiffin going on about?! I think I might be inclined to ring again and speak to someone else as they seem to be making it up as they go along. I know one mother was told on Monday that they only went down to 30 last year!

Did you get to find out how many boys are on number 59 as that's obviously very relevant for you? If there are only two, it's easy to give them both a place. If there are 14, they probably can't give anyone a place till loads more drop out. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Post by Guest »

beth wrote:still a bit puzzled. Somewhere on this forum there's a thread where a parent says that tiffin went down to number 70 last year - she says it was her son who was offered the place so info is reliable! I also heard of someone who was number 57 last year and got in. So what on earth are tiffin going on about?! I think I might be inclined to ring again and speak to someone else as they seem to be making it up as they go along. I know one mother was told on Monday that they only went down to 30 last year!

Did you get to find out how many boys are on number 59 as that's obviously very relevant for you? If there are only two, it's easy to give them both a place. If there are 14, they probably can't give anyone a place till loads more drop out. Good luck and please keep us posted!
Beth,

I ask them how may was on 59 and they asked me what the score was and told me 59 boys need to decline and 'oh' (her exact words) plus the 7 that is on top of the list before I get an offer, therefore I presume there is only 1 at 59.

Well all I can do is hope and wait.
rcww

Post by rcww »

Anonymous wrote:
beth wrote:still a bit puzzled. Somewhere on this forum there's a thread where a parent says that tiffin went down to number 70 last year - she says it was her son who was offered the place so info is reliable! I also heard of someone who was number 57 last year and got in. So what on earth are tiffin going on about?! I think I might be inclined to ring again and speak to someone else as they seem to be making it up as they go along. I know one mother was told on Monday that they only went down to 30 last year!

Beth,

I ask them how may was on 59 and they asked me what the score was and told me 59 boys need to decline and 'oh' (her exact words) plus the 7 that is on top of the list before I get an offer, therefore I presume there is only 1 at 59.

Well all I can do is hope and wait.
oops, the previous post was from me
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

To find out exactly how many boys were offered places from waiting list for 2006 144 offers were made initiallly 200 in total following withdrawls. I kept the Secondary school Admissions booklet for that year and it tells you in that. They didn't give this information for last year, but it does vary between 40 and 60.
beth

Post by beth »

Louise2 - thanks, really helpful! Someone told me thet the head said on the open day that they have even gone down to 220 in the past. I now understand.

Rcww, guest - Good luck. My nephew is on 45 but I think there are 14 other boys on that score, so he might as well be on 58 if they give the places to all or none. Oh well......
Rcww

Post by Rcww »

Beth,

What your nephew score?

Rcww
beth

Post by beth »

rcww - 219
RCWW

Post by RCWW »

1 mark in front of my son 218 :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now