Tiffins Girls or Nonsuch High School ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

la boume

Re: Tiffins Girls or Nonsuch High School ?

Post by la boume »

Tiffin girls has training orchestra in grades 2-5 and more advanced orchestra. May be some more bands/string groups i am not sure. I think that rehearsals usually take place during lunchtime.

for TYO see
http://www.thamesyouthorchestra.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leafysurrey

Post by leafysurrey »

What would you say is the average/too long travel time to schools? Not the distance. Thank you.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

leafysurrey wrote:What would you say is the average/too long travel time to schools? Not the distance. Thank you.
Not more than 30 to 40 minutes in the morning rush hour. More than this and children would arrive at their School tired/bored/drained and would miss any fun time after school.

What's your thinking, leafysurrey?
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
leafysurrey

Post by leafysurrey »

Thank you Tiffinboys,

I couldn't agree more. It would be 40 min from where we are now but we need to move so I thought we might as well try for GS. Of course if DD did get in we would have to orchestrate a smooth transition for number 2 and 3. We also have a baby boy! I am very well aware 11 plus is not for faint-hearted but having studied this site I feel we fit in and have a decent chance of getting a place with hard work. I feel "a good secondary school" round the corner is extremely convenient for us and anyone can do well there with an extra push but I don't want to spend my life providing the push and wondering what sort of better education they could be having elsewhere.

Any flaws with my thinking?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Obviously, every one's situation is different and given the ability of the child, one would tend to go for the best education for them.

My comment only related only to what I thought was a reasonable commuting time for school. On this website, I have noticed people asking for transport arrangement for Tiffin from Hayes or Southall. That much commuting, I would find quite unbearable for child of 11 year. But again, their parents know better. It is their choice. I would not choose this kind of punishment for my children.

As for as your thinking goes, leafysurrey, I find it very reasonable and logical.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now