Okay folks, think me not crazy. My son has just gone into Year 4, he is my ds3. My other two sons are at Tiffin, and those who know me on this site should know by know that I am prone to panicking and forgetting dates.
So. I am going to start another
year early! Last year I started at the beginning of year 5. This time, Im starting in year 4, to avoid repetitions of previous disasters.
I dont want to alarm anyone, we wont be touching any papers. But we will be doing all our ground work.
So, thinking and typing out loud, here's a rough timetable we will be following. This has been taken from a previous post (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10889&hilit=2010&start=30
) it's what I did with ds2.
1) Category Cards = 3 (I have made picture category cards for every category imaginable, (vehicles, birds, cats, cooking utensils, tools, musical instruments, etc) and for example, the 'Tree' card has pictures of all the types of trees we have ever come across) and we use these games to play memory games.
2) First Aid Pages = 2
3) Writing, once a week
4) Reading to mum (electronic dictionary at hand, ruler to underline unknown words and pen to write definition in the margin, plus notepad to make a list of words for new flashcards)
5) Bonds Maths papersWeekend:
1) Flash Cards = 14 new cards and testing previous cards
2) Times Tables, once a week (15 minute drill)
3) Mental Arithmetic once a week.(15 minute drill)
4) Reading to mum
(If anyone would like the flash cards or worksheets I have prepared, please visit http://www.scribd.com/Inspirity
I am planning to do a session a day, and two sessions on Weekends, which will include any homework from school. I think if I do this for the whole year, it will give him a good base for year 5.
Anyone else around? Who knows if there will even be
an 11+ for Tiffin in 2014!