Nonsuch results are in...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2outof3

Re: Nonsuch results are in...

Post by 2outof3 »

Hi sutton,

Back then, the pass mark was always 326 and you were pretty much guaranteed an offer if you were in catchment with a mark of only a few points more than that. I don't think that figure will help much now because the pass mark is so much lower. For the last two years, in catchment offers were made on allocation day if you got approx 75% of full marks (i.e. 212/280.) On that basis, you could guess that this year in catchment offers would be around 315 (75% of 420). However, I think offers could well start at a lower figure as the number of girls passing is significantly lower than last year!

This is a really difficult year as it's the first time the new test structure has been introduced, so it really is all guess work until 01 March I'm afraid.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you :D
laretta

Post by laretta »

Hi Sutton

I don't want to get anyones hopes up, but there are many ways of looking at the figures. As 2outof3 suggested 75% of top possible score. But it would also be fair to do pass mark + percentage. i.e. last year 202+ 5% = 212 Same calculation this year gives 286 +5% = 300 ??? Lets hope so. It would be much easier to estimate if we could at least tell how many girls sat from ooc.
The waiting game is truly awful, I thought I might relax a bit after the results but this is not the case at all.

Best of luck to you and yours.
kbs

Post by kbs »

Hi, my DD has got 385 and OOC, still not sure if this is enough. She put best effort and proud of her
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

kbs wrote:Hi, my DD has got 385 and OOC, still not sure if this is enough. She put best effort and proud of her
I do think that is a really good score.
;D
grammarmum

Post by grammarmum »

Hi Kbs

That is a very good score. Well done to your DD. she should be certain I would think
Babiloo

Post by Babiloo »

I am new to this elevenplus forum.

My DD achieved 358 and we are ooc for Nonsuch; can someone please let me know if that is enough for me to put Nonsuch as first choice?
DD also passed Wallington but without the marks as guidance we really do not want to take a chance.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

Babiloo wrote: My DD achieved 358 and we are ooc for Nonsuch; can someone please let me know if that is enough for me to put Nonsuch as first choice?
DD also passed Wallington but without the marks as guidance we really do not want to take a chance.
Your daughters score sounds like she is in with a very good shot. Under the equal preference scheme you are NOT taking a chance - so you should put the school you would prefer her to go to first.
Babiloo

Post by Babiloo »

Three Kids,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and your valuable advice.

We decided not to take the Tiffin exams (after very careful consideration) as practically it will be too far for us to travel for next 6-7 yrs and moving will not be an option as we have a DS too.

But we are trying out two Indies (Caterham and Croydon High) so will concentrate on preping for that scholarships.
kbs

Post by kbs »

Thingsbehindthesun wrote:
kbs wrote:Hi, my DD has got 385 and OOC, still not sure if this is enough. She put best effort and proud of her
I do think that is a really good score.

Thanks very much
kbs

Post by kbs »

grammarmum wrote:Hi Kbs

That is a very good score. Well done to your DD. she should be certain I would think

Hi Grammarmum,
Thanks very much, this gives more confidence for a place
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now