Tiffin Boys - test information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
atestingtime

Tiffin Boys - test information

Post by atestingtime »

Advance notice for Admission to year 7 in September 2011

Closing date for applications to home Local Authority: 31st October 2010
Closing date for supplementary form to Tiffin School: 31st October 2010
Open Evening: Monday 11th October 2010 (5pm to 8pm)
Entrance tests: Thursday 6th January 2011

from
http://www.tiffin.kingston.sch.uk/index ... Admissions

See you there! atestingtime & DS
veryworriedmum

Re: Tiffin Boys - test information

Post by veryworriedmum »

Dear Ethienne,

Thanks for the information! Really helpful....needed this to prepare him for his exam. :D He is scoring in the lower ninties and higher eighties in his practice papers....from various publications including GL Assessment. He has scored an average score of 118 for Slough Grammar and 113 for Langley Grammar. Do you think this is good enough to secure a place at Tiffin. Also he is June born so gets the age advantage hopefully!

Thanks again
veryworriedmum
bagesh

Post by bagesh »

Etienne wrote:Thank you to 'atestingtime' for submitting the following.
atestingtime wrote:

With 2 sons there and this website having been invaluable I am inspired to register, make my first posting and do the same with information gathered about Tiffin. Hope it helps - atestingtime

Selection for admission to the school is by ability only as measured in performance in two tests, non verbal reasoning and verbal reasoning

Tests comprise of 2 exams each of 80 questions in 50 minutes, taken at the school on the same morning in December with a break in between exams

Test papers are written by GL assessment (formally nfer Nelson who were until Jan 2008 part of NFER)

NVR has 4 sections of 20 questions; no time limit has yet been allocated per section

NVR questions have historically been chosen from 6 types
• Analogical relationships
• Isomorphic relationships
• Codes
• Series
• Odd One Outs
• Matrices

Tiffin has 140 Year 7 places each year which are allocated in order based on total highest standardised scores calculated from the raw scores of each test. http://www.kingston.gov.uk/admpolicy_tiffin2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do they use standardised scores or raw scores?
bagesh

Post by bagesh »

bagesh wrote:
Etienne wrote:Thank you to 'atestingtime' for submitting the following.
atestingtime wrote:

With 2 sons there and this website having been invaluable I am inspired to register, make my first posting and do the same with information gathered about Tiffin. Hope it helps - atestingtime

Selection for admission to the school is by ability only as measured in performance in two tests, non verbal reasoning and verbal reasoning

Tests comprise of 2 exams each of 80 questions in 50 minutes, taken at the school on the same morning in December with a break in between exams

Test papers are written by GL assessment (formally nfer Nelson who were until Jan 2008 part of NFER)

NVR has 4 sections of 20 questions; no time limit has yet been allocated per section

NVR questions have historically been chosen from 6 types
• Analogical relationships
• Isomorphic relationships
• Codes
• Series
• Odd One Outs
• Matrices

Tiffin has 140 Year 7 places each year which are allocated in order based on total highest standardised scores calculated from the raw scores of each test. http://www.kingston.gov.uk/admpolicy_tiffin2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do they use standardised scores or raw scores?
Just read the link posted above. They use age-weighted (standardised) scores.
atestingtime

Post by atestingtime »

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/uploads/f ... stions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More info regarding the Jan 2011 test, best Christmas wishes everyone.
questions

Post by questions »

I don't think this one should be sticky any more - the links are out of date, the exam dates are wrong and out of date. Its just confusing...
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I've updated the sticky http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=12305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and split the rest of the posts.

I've left the information provided by testingtimes unless anyone thinks it is no longer applicable. Feel free to add to the sticky if you have any general information which is more up to date. Please don't add anything about the recent test as there will be late sitters.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now