Sutton grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mitasol

Re: Sutton grammar results

Post by mitasol »

Good luck to everyone waiting for results. It is worth keeping an eye on your spam box too because sometimes this is where the messages end up.
wildlaulau

Post by wildlaulau »

Still haven't heard a thing. Tried the school, no one there! Anyone else in the same position?
jjmumoftwo

Post by jjmumoftwo »

We got our results at about 10.05 this morning, as far as I'm aware they were all being sent today but seem to have come in over the period of a few hours. I guess if you havent got the result yet, I would call tomorrow (sorry to hear of people still waiting) - maybe its an email address input error. Good luck
wildlaulau

Post by wildlaulau »

Yes, I'll be in touch with them first thing. What an experience this 11+ is!
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi everyone - does anyone please have any idea how many boys sat the exam and how many passed it ? Wilsons gave out the figures in their letters to boys but Sutton don't appear to have done so - admissions lady can you shed any light on this please ?

Well done to those who passed and am sorry to those who didn't get the news they were hoping for. Just remember it's not over yet and even those boys who have passed are not guaranteed a place. A friend of ours son got into Tiffin and that was the only exam he passed. I know the waiting game is hideous but nearly there now.
esh

Post by esh »

Hope everyone has received the e-mail from SGS by now. Yes, it would have been useful to know at least how many passed. Some of DS's friends who are bright, have not passed. I am sure they will do well in any school they go to . For those who have passed - congratulations! Now it's a 5 week long wait until 1st March.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Congratulations to all who have passed and commiserations to those who were unlucky this time.

It's very obvious from the postings that people whose DS have passed are being very sensitive to the feelings of others and haven't actually said whether they have had good news or bad. Would it be possible to ask (for the benefit of those of us having to go through this next year) for those of you who have sat more than one of the sutton school tests whether the results have been more favourable for you from one school rather than another, or does it seem that if you pass one set of exams, you seem likely to pass them all?

I'm sure posts can be worded in a way to avoid accusations of bragging (if your DS is lucky enough to have passed them all :D) and it really would be a helpful fact finding exercise.

Good luck for March in any event :D
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi 2outof3 - I will pm you later today

best wishes
Scrumptious

Post by Scrumptious »

My son didn't pass, but I'd really like to hear from those who were successful and share in your joy :)
It would be very sad if people couldn't post their good news without being accused of boasting. Surely no one would be so bitter?
So let us know!
Scrumptious

Post by Scrumptious »

Re waiting for March...we spent so long looking round schools and deciding what schools to put down in which order...why is it now feel we did it all wrong and our son is going to end up at "St. Nincompoops secure school for drop outs and bozos"? LOL
Why is it I can't make myself believe what I tell my son...that he will be happy and successful where ever he goes to school?
Oh dear. I think i shall go completely mad before the school results come out in March.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now