waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ThreeKids

Re: waiting Lists

Post by ThreeKids »

London_Mum wrote:At the risk of inadvertently becoming the 'rude' poster on this thread (and I really don't mean to be rude to anyone - it is the system which allows 2 choices that is unfair not the parents who work within that system).
Totally agree with you, which may seem perverse. We have 3 means of getting to the first choice school, but I consider us actually getting it a very long shot indeed. If DD got it, then I think it would be the right place for her, and if she doesn't then choice number 2 will be perfect. We are guaranteed choice number 2 as places are catchment only and we are well within that catchment, which would put us high up the waiting list if that were the course we had to take. However given the odds on us getting our first choice I don't think it's unreasonable not to have fully tested out the route etc. If we had known prior to completion of the CAF that we were likely to get a place at option 1 then we would have taken the steps to investigate the feasability then, and made a final decision as to whether to put it on the CAF or not. Given that we didn't know, and won't until 1st March, we couldn't realy make that decision. As much as I feel guilty that we may be messing others around I do feel that a lack of timely clarity from the schools has given rise to the predicament.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now