Tiffin cutoff scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Tiffin cutoff scores

Post by tiffinboys »

Many parents may be thinking about the possible cut-off score needed for Tiffins. Laretta made some interesting calculations for TGS on another thread.
laretta wrote:Trisca

It does depend on how many girls sit the test, but if we work it out with this years figure (1468), I think it goes as follows.

450/1468 X 100 =top 30.65 % so girls would need to achieve a score at around the 70th percentile (or more) i.e. 108 per test according to the NFER table or 216 combined score.

So in answer to your question around 216 ( i think) obviously this number could go up or down depending on the number of entrants.
Tiffin do not give out rank order information, therefore girls up to this year have only been given their score. Not sure if they'll give it out this time as they might tell you your rank or they might just tell you you're in the top 450, they would not necessarily need to tell people how much they have actually scored - who knows?

Laretta
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin cutoff scores

Post by tiffinboys »

Following are extracts from FAQs of TGS.

When will I hear what my daughter's score in the Stage 1 selection tests was?
Tiffin Girls' School will post a letter to the parents/carers of all candidates that sat the Stage 1 tests as soon as possible after the test. The letter will give the candidate's score, the mark of the 450th applicant. Only applicants who achieve a score equal to, or better than, the mark of the 450th applicant will be eligible for the Stage 2 selection test.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now