Tiffin Girls stage 1 result?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Girls stage 1 result?

Post by tiffinboys »

Wish every one Good Luck.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

SuttonDad wrote:My friend's daughter has her result. 1st stage pass given as 219. She is through with 239.
Just remembered a previous post from Laretta:
laretta wrote: It does depend on how many girls sit the test, but if we work it out with this years figure (1468), I think it goes as follows.

450/1468 X 100 =top 30.65 % so girls would need to achieve a score at around the 70th percentile (or more) i.e. 108 per test according to the NFER table or 216 combined score.

So in answer to your question around 216 ( i think) obviously this number could go up or down depending on the number of entrants.
Tiffin do not give out rank order information, therefore girls up to this year have only been given their score. Not sure if they'll give it out this time as they might tell you your rank or they might just tell you you're in the top 450, they would not necessarily need to tell people how much they have actually scored - who knows?

Laretta
As usual, our great statistician's prediction was so close to the actual result.
abr

Post by abr »

Did this come by post or email?
Also has any one heard from Tiffin boys yet, as the girls and boys took the same test on the same day, apparently?
Ela

Post by Ela »

abr wrote:Did this come by post or email?
For mortal ones this will come by post on Saturday I guess...
supermummy

Post by supermummy »

DD just missed the mark :(

115 VR
99 NVR

Gutted for her as she has tried her best but NVR was always her hardest subject. Stage 2 would have played more to her skills with English and maths but we'll never know...

Well done to all those going through - Laretta's predictions aside 219 is pretty high for the 450th mark so it just shows how tough the competition is.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Sorry to hear that Supermummy. Hopefully you will have better news with other tests or you have good comprehensive back up that DD is happy with.

Totally agree though that 219 seems very, very high for the 450th place. If you consider that cut off last year was 238 (ish) and we know that TGS doesn't have to go very far down its list to fill the places (maybe rank 150 to fill the then 120 places), that suggests that there were about 300 girls between 238 and 219 :shock: Of course, the other alternative is that the cut off for this year would have been considerably higher if the school had retained the one stage testing - possibly even in the 240s!!!
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

I wonder what the boys marks will be like. Since there's no second stage and approx. 1600 boys sat the test for 140 places. The percentile would be quite high then.
trisca

Post by trisca »

We got it in the post today.

My dd just missed out, I suppose that's what we get for only thinking about applying in July, and only tutoring her at home. Oh well, on the bright side it's going to make the logistics of getting he to school a whole lot easier.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

sgsgirl wrote:I wonder what the boys marks will be like. Since there's no second stage and approx. 1600 boys sat the test for 140 places. The percentile would be quite high then.
I suppose this will depend on how many more sit at late tests and also on the first preferences of the applicants.
Thriny_00

Post by Thriny_00 »

Finally received my DD's result.

She scored 247 - pleased with her result. I guess we need to start working for Stage 2 now!!!!

In the letter it is mentioned the highest possible score is 280 - does it mean the first rank is 280 and the 450th rank is 219?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now