Confused.. Lost

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mommyg

Re: Confused.. Lost

Post by mommyg »

ssgirl, what are your plans now?
DS will be sitting some indies too (poor him).. am not very happy with the comprehensives around.

cakemummy and LondonMum.. thanks for your kind words ! Feel sorry for the kids who have not made it.. not a nice thing to hear when you are 10 years old (I dont even remember studying when I was that age ! )
cakemummy

Post by cakemummy »

Hi mommyg - i agree it is hard, when my DS failed one of the entrance exams he was distraught when I told him. I felt so sorry for him and really questioned whether I was doing the right thing despite having spoken to his teacher about his suitability before applying.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

If your son has passed Tiffins but with a lower score than last year's cut-off mark, you should still list it on the CAF if it is a school you would like him to attend. This serves two purposes: firstly, if the cut-off score this year is slightly lower than normal then there is a chance he will get a place straight away. Secondly, if the cut-off mark is the same as last year then he will be added to the waiting list which will not happen if you did not list the school. Waiting lists are totally unpredictable. Some years they only move by one or two points but in other years, the waiting lists have moved a lot and people with scores some way below the original cut-off get an offer.

If he has not reached the qualifying scores for other schools then you should not list them on the CAF unless there is any possibility you will appeal for a place in March. If that is the case, you need to officially apply to them via the CAF so that you get the official rejection in March and can then proceed to appeal against that. Taking the test whether you pass or fail it does not count as making an application to the school - that can only be done via the CAF.
bahuguna

Post by bahuguna »

Hi
My DS has got a score of 222. Do we have any chance? He found the test easy and was able to finish all the questions. I am confused and anxious....
Thx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now